“Very Dark and not all seating geared for Sports”

Gordon Biersch Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 690 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“Very Dark and not all seating geared for Sports”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited on 3/16/2013. About 5pm. 45 minute wait. Seated in a small booth for 4 people. For a new place ...the booth seat was odd. Husband was lower than me. Very dark and could not read menu. My brother had a flashlight. We were hoping to catch some basketball...however TV 's can not be seen in restaurant area. Too bad. Food was OK. Many choices. I liked the beer....banana and clove hints ( second choice on the menu). Destiny was busy---envigorating. The need different menus if they choose this lighting choice.

Baldwinsville
“Very Good”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I visited this new restaurant around Christmas time just after they opened. It was quite busy. They were on about an hour wait. After being seated, the service was a bit slow, but they were very attentive and the manager visited the table twice. The food was actually quite good. We started with sliders for an appetizer, and I got the veggie burger for my entree, which was excellent. Overall, I enjoyed the restaurant and would return again.

• Visited December 2012
Syracuse, New York
“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

They were on a wait on a Sun. The place is so beautiful; bar’s impressive and full view of brewery. Awesome
For the rookie beer connoisseur, I would recommend their Sampler; they’re little glasses that come w. their six signature brews. They claim they are 4 oz. ea, but IDTS…either I was very thirsty, or it’s def NOT enough for two people. Order one for one person.
When we were sat, I ordered a Knife & Fork Burger & said to myself "I've NEVER had to eat a burger w. a knife & fork…no way." When it came out, I had to use the knife & fork! It was the Marzen BBQ Burger and was absolutely amazing! The accompanying garlic fires are good too. Mmm mmm.
I have stayed away from GBB’s mainly b/c I have only seen them in airports and their prices are ridiculous. But not this one (b/c of the mall loca, nearby competition, etc), they are a little more reasonable. I will def be back! The new buzz at Destiny is all about GBB and they were worth the wait.

Syracuse, NY
“Mistake”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The restaurant is located in the new section of the Destiny mall. We went to celebrate a family occasion, five meals, sent two back to the kitchen, This was a Sunday afternoon, there was no wait to be seated. The server was very friendly and worked hard to try to help us. However when one individual passed on a menu selection that was spicy, it was never mentioned the vegetables were very spicy in the other dish selected. The time between when the order was placed and the time it took to get out of the kitchen was very lengthy, especially with nothing on the tables but our drinks. Once the food finally came out, the chicken was incredibly dry and over cooked, the fish and chips and burger were fine. The manager came over and apologized for the food and ultimately was very generous in remedying the bad food. The prices were high, the food over all not so good, management was very responsive and tried to make the situation better- but fortunately there are many other restaurant choices whose kitchens have their act together.

1 Thank NeedSomeSunNow
“Great Beer and Fries!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We ate at this resturant shortly after it opened. The beer they make is very good. I preferred the Marzen. The signature fries are also quite tasty, just bring gum for after the meal as they are heavy on the garlic. My wife and I each had burgers that hit the spot. This resturant is a nice addition to the Syracuse area.

1 Thank AMPED37