“Best bet at the Mall”

Gordon Biersch Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 684 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Syracuse, New York
“Best bet at the Mall”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am so happy that the expansion of DestiNY USA has added some new dining options for Syracuse. I recently visited Gordon Biersch with a friend while taking advantage of after Christmas sales. There was a wait for tables, but it passed quickly. We got a booth near the open kitchen, which is always nice. I had a pint of the German "black" beer, which I thought was a bit too cold actually. Dark beers are so rich and the flavors are much more so when the beer is cellar temperature (not to be confused with warm) rather than icy cold like one would want a lager. That was my only complaint, and as I sat, it warmed enough to my liking. We shared an appetizer of flat bread with hummus, tapenade and bruschetta. It was very tasty, served with a side of argula which complimented all three spreads. For my main course, I chose the lobster and shrimp tacos. They were divine. Rich and buttery, good crunch from the blue corn hard shell, which was inside a soft tortilla. Served with rice and black beans, which I happen to love. My friend had a chopped salad which was enormous. We each had a dessert shooter. I wish every restaurant would offer a sweet finish in a small portion. Sometimes all I want is a taste. These were just right. I'll be back as the menu offered a wide variety of choices that interested me. The decor is great too. Service needs to work out a few kinks, I saw a number of errors being made at tables around me, but they are new and they certainly made up for this with enthusiasm.

1 Thank jtreby

Ottawa
“welcome relief from a huge mall”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

all the restaurants/bars were about half full and this one was packed, so of course we went straight over and found a nice table in the back of the bar, it was loud and crowded but still very comfortable. their homemade beer was very good; only downside is it loosens the wallet for your walk back through the mall...

Visited December 2012
2 Thank scairney1
Syracuse, New York
“Destiny USA Visit”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Tried GBB for the first time in Destiny USA. We got the draft beer and it was o.k. It wasn't very cold. We ordered our food and asked for ice water. The food was a little slow in coming out and both our orders were wrong. I had ordered no ranch or avocado and my daughter ordered the sweet potato fries. I got ranch and avocado and she got regular fries. Our server offered to bring me a new bun that was it. We had to ask 3 times to get our ice water. The food was good but pretty average. I might try it again but not sure.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank FunNana333
Syracuse, NY
“Great garlic fries & more...”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Family lunch today Dec. 26 at the newly opened Destiny USA location. Burgers really good but the garlic fries are fantastic ! Will go back to try other menu items.

1 Thank ondagawood
DeWitt, New York
“Not just for beer lovers”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I'm not a beer drinker and was hesitant to try this restaurant, but good comments from others who had been there convinced me to check it out. I was not disappointed.

While there are a few pricey choices on the menu, many of the entrees are in the manageable $10-15 range. While there are some popular standbys available, there are a fair number of dishes that are either unique to GB or prepared with interesting variations. I had the jambalaya, and it was very good (and quite spicy). Others at the table had stir fry and cedar plank salmon and soups, all of which seemed to be very good.

One word of warning: GARLIC. Yes, in capital letters. Garlic is the seasoning of choice at GB. If you like food prepared with garlic, this is your place. If you don't care for megadoses of garlic, or if others in your party are sensitive to it (even just the smell), you might want to avoid those menu choices that clearly describe that garlic is an ingredient. Above all, think twice about getting the fries. But don't get me wrong, there's plenty on the menu without the garlic so don't avoid eating here because of the garlic. Just be cautious, and ask your server for advice on how to avoid the garlic if it is an issue for you.

As for the beer, I don't drink but my son tried their sampler and seemed to like it.

1 Thank Joe H