“Rides! Hunks! and Heights! Oh my!”
Review of WonderWorks

WonderWorks
Ranked #1 of 17 Fun & Games in Syracuse
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience more than 100 hands-on exhibits. Be blown away by hurricane winds, manuever the controls of a NASA spacecraft to land the shuttle, lay on a bed of nails, pilot a fighter jet, design and ride your own virtual roller coaster, experience a 4D extreme motion ride, compete in a game of lazer-tag and much more. While visiting, take part in the Canyon Climb Adventure. Suspended 70ft in the air its the World's largest indoor ropes challenge course. Purchase a combo package to SAVE.
Syracuse, New York
“Rides! Hunks! and Heights! Oh my!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

What an incredible way to spend the afternoon! Me and my friend came to spend a weekend afternoon at this wonderful place called WonderWorks in Syracuse. We loved the museum aspect but what really made us shiver with excitement was the ropes course. Some of the guys working there are GREAT pieces of eye candy!! I kept tripping on the course because one of the guys is so dreamy I couldn't take my eyes off him. He smiled and asked if I needed help. I could feel my heart skip a beat and I needed a minute to gather my thoughts. When I reluctantly got off of this attraction, I found a brand new one immediately at the bottom of the stairs ready to undress me, I mean un-harness me. Tee-hee! "Holy-moly!!" I thought as I saw his wonderful beard and glasses. I didn't get their names, but those two men are the reason I will come again and again at WonderWorks Destiny USA!

PLEASE GO! I promise you will not regret it. I nearly never take the time to write reviews about places, but this was definitely worth sharing. IT WAS AMAZING! A safe, fun, friendly, exciting, and lovely place to bring some friends!

Duluth, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a rainy day”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Recently, I went back to my home town (Syracuse) to visit my sister her family and on one of the rainy days, we decided to visit Destiny USA. Her kids wanted to go to WonderWorks as they had been there on a field trip for school, and I wanted to join them when they told me about the rope course they have there. We did the ropes course first, and it was alot of fun, and the employees that work on the course were very encouraging and helpful to get me through some of the challenging parts. After that we into the part with all of the activities on the inside and had a blast. The best part was that there were things for the kids to do (ages 7, & 10), and things to keep the adults entertained too. After that we had a family game of lazer tag, then went and had lunch at Fridays, then went back through the activities one more time since it was unlimited. I'm originally from Syracuse, so I would say it is a neat way to spend a rainy day since the Syracuse I remember didn't used to have many options.

1 Thank Lyndsay P
WonderWorksOnline, Director of Operations at WonderWorks, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of WonderWorks! We are thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable experience and that you chose to allow us to entertain you on a rainy day. We are glad you enjoyed the unique experience we offer to the Syracuse area! We hope next time you are in town, you'll stop back to visit us again and bring some friends!

Best,

Nicole
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I decided to spend a day at the Carousel Center, checking out Wonderworks in the process. Ropes course was a blast but neither of us were impressed with the rest of the museum: loud, overstimulating, and the science content of many of the exhibits was dubious at best (TV theme songs, 4D haunted house movie, etc...) We also both agreed that $25 a head for an attraction that took maybe an hour tops to walk through was excessive.

If you're looking for a science museum, there are plenty of top-notch alternatives in CNY at a fraction of the price.

5 Thank Thom F
WonderWorksOnline, General Manager at WonderWorks, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to WonderWorks. The ropes course is an amazing time allowing you to walk throughout the new Canyon area of Destiny USA suspended 70- feet in the air. I am sorry that you did not enjoy yourself in our exhibits as we have over 100 hands on exhibits that range from a 4D theater, Maxflight Roller Coaster Simulator as well as the Astronaut trainer allowing you to feel the what a actual astronaut would on re entry. WonderWorks value comes from admissions allowing our guests to come and go as many times as they would like in the course of a day, so if you wanted to break for lunch or a little shopping you can come back when you are done. If you like us on facebook we have special offers that come up all the time. I do hope that you will come back to visit us when we get our new exhibit the 1st of the year.
Toronto
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“NOPE!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Let me start with the positive ... the hands-on science exhibits were great. But because we are fortunate to live in a city with a world-class Science Museum that costs 1/4 of the price, we thought WonderWorks had a very, very expensive admission price. At least some of the frontline staff were so focussed on selling various "packages" that they seemed unable to deviate from their standard "blurb"... which was most unhelpful. We asked to purchase the ticket that would allow our daughter to do the ropes course. We paid a lot of money, and by the time we got to the ropes course, we were told we were sold the wrong ticket. By then, the lineup to purchase tickets was so long there was no way we could rectify the mistake. Our daughter was crushed. Of the 2 and a half weeks we spent travelling in the USA, this was the only place where we had a horrible experience. Can't stand it when staff are so focussed on "selling" you a "package" that they can't answer a simple question. If the signs at the admission desk were clear, we would have figured it out on our own. But of course, they weren't.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank cel23
WonderWorksOnline, General Manager at WonderWorks, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to WonderWorks. I am happy that you did enjoy the 100 hands on exhibit. What is different about WonderWorks that most museums do not offer is the value of an all day pass for one price so you and your family can come and go as much as you would like all day from 10A until 10P when we close. I do apologize for any confusion during the transaction and will address that with our staff. The packages that our staff sell offer many discounts for you to be able to do all that WonderWorks has including our ropes course, tykes course and lazer tag. I do hope that you will give us another chance to make your future visits to Destiny and WonderWorks a better experience. When you do come back through please do not hesitate to contact me personally to have you back as our guests.
Buffalo, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

If you come from out of town to visit Destiny USA, you MUST visit Wonderworks, even if it's just because they have the world's largest indoor ropes course. Never did one of those until then. I did it up until my heart dropped to my feet and then I knew I had to go back. My kids were much braver though. LaserTag however, is another story. If you've ever been to LaserTron, just skip this so you won't be disappointed. It is NOT the same thing.
We also did the Wonderworks package and there were a lot of activities to entertain my kids during their day off from school. They were 8, 9 and 12 and enjoyed it. Some of it seemed geared to smaller children, but there was something for everyone. It was quite pricey though!

Visited April 2013