“Fun day for older kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of WonderWorks

WonderWorks
Ranked #1 of 17 Fun & Games in Syracuse
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience more than 100 hands-on exhibits. Be blown away by hurricane winds, manuever the controls of a NASA spacecraft to land the shuttle, lay on a bed of nails, pilot a fighter jet, design and ride your own virtual roller coaster, experience a 4D extreme motion ride, compete in a game of lazer-tag and much more. While visiting, take part in the Canyon Climb Adventure. Suspended 70ft in the air its the World's largest indoor ropes challenge course. Purchase a combo package to SAVE.
New Hartford, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun day for older kids”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have taken my 11 year old daughter to this attraction 2 times with her friends. The first time was shortly after they opened and they were not too crowded. The second time was during a school break and it was very crowded. There was a wait to do many of the activities. If you can, plan a visit during a non vacation time, or during the week. It's less hectic that way.

The majority of activities are hand on and the kids really enjoy them. These are designed for older kids, 8 and up I would say. There is a small area for preschoolers, but it is very small. Not sure if it is worth the cost for this age group.

Some of the ttractions include: bed of nails, 3D movie theater, virtual roller costers, bubblestation (this area gets very slippery!) lots of virtual sports such as soccer, basketball, and air hockey. There is a room full of space themed activities, and a wind tunnel. Lots of fun things for kids, interesting for adults as well. Both times there were staff members circulating help kids if they needed it.

We also did the rope course, which my daughter who is a daredevil, loved. They didn't tell me at first to hold onto the strap that is holding you as I walked so I was very wobbly on the first rope and stood there frozen until a staff person came over and told me to hold the strap (this stabilizes you and makes is so much easier!) I'm not a lover of heights but I could get around just fine. I felt very secure once I knew enough to hold the strap. (They should tell you this before you start.) However, next time I will probably let my daughter just go in on her own.

The museum is good for about 2 hours, while the rope course is about 1 hour. We haven't tried the laser tag yet.

Visited February 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“FUN FAMILY DAY IDEA (not for real little kids)”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Lots of fun and interactive stuff to see and do. But the parts me and my kids (12 and 8) liked best was the laser tag and the indoor ropes course !!!!!! A little scary but so much fun at about 3 stories up !!!!

Syracuse, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Choose birthday package wisely”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had my son's birthday party there in April. Overall, the kids ( 13 kids ranging from 8-11) had a great time with the exhibits! We chose the  laser tag package - which includes the party room for 1 hour and then the use of a "locker" for 2 hours and 1 game of laser tag. We decided, based on those factors, to have a 3 hour party... Our host was very nice and he was great with the kids! The room was clean and well decorated, the sodas were cold and the pizza was "ok".
Laser tag - well that was our problem area....
Pros - kids really enjoyed the exhibits and had a great time! They now allow more parents to stay for free - huge help with 13 kids!!! Some exhibits had longer lines but overall the exhibits were great and very age- appropriate (oh, the parents had a great time too)!!
Cons - Our host suggested we do the laser tag a bit " later" as the line was "long" after our hour was up for the party room. So we did the exhibits first and went back to laser tag 30 minutes before parents were expected to arrive...there is NO set time for laser tag - this we knew but were never informed on how " long"  the line could actually take. Needless to say, we waited and waited and waited...only 4 out of 13 kids were able to stay to play laser tag..BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!  The line was VERY SLOW moving...the 4 kids that stayed waited in line for almost 1 1/2 hours....so please take this advice...unless you are going to plan a 5 hour party, and want to spend 2 hours just for laser tag, stick with the basic package and just do the exhibits!! I don't know about you, but I don't like to see kids disappointed leaving a birthday party because the lines were "too long".

1 Thank Wasabi03
WonderWorksOnline, General Manager at WonderWorks, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about the birthday party that you had for your child. We do appreciate you letting us know what you liked and what you were disappointed with. WonderWorks on the weekends can experience longer than normal wait times. We are working towards expanding our laser tag facility in the near future to allow larger groups in at a time. I would like to offer those kids who could not participate in playing that day tickets to come back and experience laser tag. Please feel free to call me at 315-466-7700.
Syracuse, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great for all ages”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been to WonderWorks twice now. It is perfect for all ages. The attractions are interesting for adults and children alike. The ropes course is great to over come fears and challenge yourself.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for letting us know how much fun you had at WonderWorks. The ropes course is truly a great challenge to overcome anything especially fear. We look forward to welcoming you back to WonderWorks. Please make sure to check us out on facebook and look for new exciting news and special offers.
Atlanta
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun for kids and Adults”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

What a place. We did the ropes course and had a ball but there is tons more to do here including restaurants and shopping