“Safety concerns”
Review of WonderWorks

WonderWorks
Ranked #1 of 17 Fun & Games in Syracuse
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience more than 100 hands-on exhibits. Be blown away by hurricane winds, manuever the controls of a NASA spacecraft to land the shuttle, lay on a bed of nails, pilot a fighter jet, design and ride your own virtual roller coaster, experience a 4D extreme motion ride, compete in a game of lazer-tag and much more. While visiting, take part in the Canyon Climb Adventure. Suspended 70ft in the air its the World's largest indoor ropes challenge course. Purchase a combo package to SAVE.
Skaneateles, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Safety concerns”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

After having a birthday party for my son I have some concerns. If you plan on having a birthday party, have enough parents to help you. I was told there would be an employee at the exit so no children could leave the wonder works area, NOT true. A safer system needs to be put in place so children cannot exit without there parent or adult they are with. The attendant asked me if we would open gifts,considering you only get an hour in the room, I stated NO. I went over to the table to get my camera and turned around and heard the attendant say to my son,time for presents. After I picked my jaw off the floor,not to upset my son, I allowed him to open his gifts. When our hour was up,we were basically rushed out of the room. I was told that they would take the gifts and coats and put them in a locker and had 2 hours for our locker. After our 2 hours in wonder works they rolled the locker outside in the mall hall area with an attendant. Basically telling us, times up and leave. Extremely disappointing, will NOT go back and will DEFINITELY not recommend for a birthday party.

9 Thank Chris E
WonderWorksOnline, General Manager at WonderWorks, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for expressing your concerns in regards to your sons birthday party that you recently had. Here at WonderWorks we do value all of our guests feedback and will strive address all of your concerns. I do apologize that you felt rushed from the birthday room and will look into other ways to help streamline this process upon arrival. Safety is a TOP priority for WonderWorks and all our staff is trained in Code Adam alerts. WonderWorks is a self guided tour and its the responsibility of each parent to watch the children in there groups while here. I would like to learn more about your experience, 315-466-7700. It is feedback like yours that helps us improve!

Massena, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun for teens and adults too”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Field trip fun for sure and the staff was so accommodating and friendly. Kid friendly fun! Definitely do the laser tag add on for $3 and the canyon climb is definitely with the extra too

1 Thank Suzanne M
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very over-priced and over stimulating”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is quite pricey. Especially for smaller children that do not meet the height requirements for some things and yet are full price.

Also, it is very loud and lots of lights. Felt like an arcade atmoshpere.

1 Thank Monkeyfeetx2
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had my daughters 13th bday party there and was told that my belongings would be safe and secure in a locker only their staff would have access to. Unfortunately we happen to notice that our bag with hundreds of dollars of coats iPods iPhones etc was with another family. Thankfully I went over and took it from this family but how this even happened when we are not even told where the lockers are and the staff members are the only ones with keys is beyond me. The excuse the staff member gave basically blamed the people that took it instead of taking responsibility for the fact they did not watch them to ensure they only took their own. The food was average, the laser tag room very small. Overall very disappointed and cannot in good conscious refer them to any of my friends. In fact I would tell then just the opposite.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank PattiAnn123
WonderWorksOnline, General Manager at WonderWorks, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for contacting us about your experience during your daughters 13th birthday party. We do appreciate your feedback and will look at immediate action on how to improve our process. I would like to hear more about your event and what ways we could have provided you with better customer service during you child's special day.
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 831 helpful votes
“Wonderful Family Fun”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a wonderful and exciting time here.Spent the whole day from laser tag, to climbing in the mall and all their is to see and do inside. Cant wait to go back. This is an excellent family attraction.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank nyfamily1234
WonderWorksOnline, General Manager at WonderWorks, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking to the time to tell us how much fun you had. We looking forward to seeing you again soon. Please continue to watch our facebook page for new updates on exhibits and adventures.