“Good stuff!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This place is in the mall, so it's got the location down. Nice clean atmosphere, and friendly greeter.The prices are right for the quality/quanity of the food you get. I am allergic to onions, so I order accordiningly. I asked the waiter (Andrew) about onions, and he took my questions seriously, and talked with the chef. They "tweaked" my choices a bit and created me a great onion free meal! They apologized that it would take a few minutes because of cooking it up custom..and then comped the price of my meal to make up for it!! The meal was awesome, and so was the waiter. Many other resturants should take note of how they do things..top notch food, attention to detail, great food and all priced well-(under $30 for the 2 of us w/ a house margarita). We had tacos & encilladas...great! Next time you're at the destiny mall- do yourself a favor!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I lived in Mexico for a while and I am picky as far as quality and authenticity is concerned. Both were satisfied at Catina Laredo. The food arrived fresh, hot and quick. I found it a bit pricey - but it is considered upscale Mexican.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

At best this food is medoicre, at worst just awful. I started with the ceviche, which I had to stop eating before getting halfway through it. The shrimp was so over-pickled it was like eating rubber, and some unidentified pieces had a disgusting aftertaste. Ceviche should never be made without the freshest fish possible. When I let the waitress know that the fish was not fresh, she nodded and took the dish away without making any comment whatsoever. I expected to have a visit from the manager or chef, but nothing of this sort occured. My server did not even take it off the bill, or offer anything to make amends for serving bad fish. This experience makes me believe that things like this occur quite often at Cantina Laredo.
As for the other dishes, I had a so-called "signature dish" of chicken enchiladas with mole. This kitchen has no idea what a mole sauce is. The dish was basically 2 chicken enchiladas with hot fudge poured over them (but a lot better tasting than rotten fish!). I tried the dish that my dinner companion ordered and it was passable, but nothing special. She commented to me that "I did not think one could screw up beans and rice, but they managed to do it!" She actually had dined there before and said it was nothing special, but decided to give it another try. I cannot see a reason for making such a mistake again.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Although I had eaten in Cantina Laredo several times, I had not visited for lunch. It was very good and pretty quick as well, since it was not very busy on a weekday. I had a dish I'd never tried before - a crab-filled enchilada that was tasty as it was filling. I also ate too many of their excellent chips and salsa, which I shouldn't do, but I couldn't resist.

Everything on the menu in here is great, and the service is also fast, reliable and friendly. The only thing to watch out for here is that the lunches are no less expensive than the dinners, so if you are trying to watch the budget there may be less expensive options around. However, most of the entrees are quite reasonable, so no worries here. This is a great place to dine, and I will gladly return in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I met a couple of friends for lunch on Friday. The restaurant was fairly empty and the service was attentive. The guacamole is the reason to go here. It was made tableside and was made to our specifications. Quite a treat! I had the Ensalada con Pollo y Mango. This was good as the mango was fresh. One of my friends had the chicken fajitas which were average and the other had the chicken enchiladas which looked good. Our soft drinks and ice tea were filled continuously. This was a good placce for friends to catch up with each other over a nice, relatively healthy meal.