“Pleasing in every way”

Dining options: Reservations
CNY, United States
“Pleasing in every way”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The wait staff were attentive without interrupting us mid-bite so that I can't make a request even if I wanted to; I really appreciated that, though I had not one complaint. Some of the dishes do seem a bit pricey when compared to portion size, but I must point out that it's protocol at flashier restaurants. The food seemed to be of higher quality and standards than the average place. Sure, you can go to Tully's or Applebee's and get larger portions at a slightly lower price perhaps, but in my opinion, it's worth the extra few bucks. The guacamole was delectable and is made to your liking right there at your table. The enchiladas veracruz were very tasty. I loved the side of beans, very different from other styles I've had. Everything was plated beautifully, which some people say doesn't matter, but it does. Even if you're not consciously thinking about it, it can affect your dining experience.

• Visited February 2013

New York, USA
“Modern Mexican must mean minuscule portions”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I grabbed a bite to eat at the bar during their happy hour on a Friday afternoon. Luckily I didn't pay full price for the plate of three mini ahi tuna tacos (all bar menu items are 1/2 price during happy hour). I think they must have also halved the ahi tuna for happy hour, because I barely found any. What I did taste was pretty good.

The highlight of this place is their warm & spicy salsa that comes with their chips and like many have noted, their guacamole.

If you like small portions and overpriced food (and a homogeneous chain restaurant atmosphere) then this place was made for you.

Visited June 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“For lack of a better word, EXCELLENT”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were stranded in Syracuse between trains so we decided to check out Destiny USA. Dinner time rolled around any my wife and, who are seldom known to pass up a good meal at a Mexican restaurant, decided that Cantina Laredo would be our dinner choice. The atmosphere is very relaxed, the decor is very sharp with lots of sandstone brick, and comfortably, almost-intimately lit. We were immediately seated, given menus, and a basket of chips and salsa. The chips were freshly made, the standard/mild salsa pretty basic, and the hot salsa very tasty with a hint of chipotle. The menu had a large selection of dishes, both traditional and original. The first treat was the guacamole, made table-side. You are given your choice of the ingredients that go in, and it starts with the server cuttong the avocados open as she starte to prepare the appetizier. Ours was very good, but I would have preferred the cilantro level kicked up a wee bit. The food arrived in good time, and the plates were unique and the food well presented. The meals themselves were very delicious, and neither of us left hungry. I wish I lived closer, because this is a restaurant I would visit VERY frequently.

Ottawa
“Very good food and value”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We didn't want to want to line up for an hour and a half at PF Changs ( which we tried the following night and found it to be average), so tried Cantina Laredo just across the hall at the Destiny Mall. Very good food ( We shared the Fajitas) and the margarita was just what we needed after a day of travelling and shopping. The hand made guacamole, made at your table was excellent, and quite reasonable in price. Would go back in a heartbeat..

Rochester, New York
1,982 restaurant reviews
“One more trip back for excellent Mexican food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stopped into Cantina Loredo on the way back home from New Jersey yesterday. I really do enjoy this place! Great salsas, and the guacamole they prepare right at your table is out of sight!

Last night I had a shrimp enchilada dish served in a creamy sauce with refried beans. As always, it was really great, and once again I couldn't finish the entire meal. The homemade chips that they bring out with the salsa are great...I think they are homemade on the premises.

I love this place, and will keep coming back!