“One more trip back for excellent Mexican food”
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Ranked #74 of 687 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rochester, New York
2,004 restaurant reviews
“One more trip back for excellent Mexican food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stopped into Cantina Loredo on the way back home from New Jersey yesterday. I really do enjoy this place! Great salsas, and the guacamole they prepare right at your table is out of sight!

Last night I had a shrimp enchilada dish served in a creamy sauce with refried beans. As always, it was really great, and once again I couldn't finish the entire meal. The homemade chips that they bring out with the salsa are great...I think they are homemade on the premises.

I love this place, and will keep coming back!

Missouri
“Excellent choice for drinks and a snack”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I adore Mexican food, but Syracuse lacks any decent Mexican restaurants. I suppose we are too far north. I tried Cantina last week in hopes of finally finding a decent joint. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised, but this is not Mexican. It's more Mexican-inspired.

The pros of Cantina include the modern decor, the excellent service, and the drinks. They have excellent margaritas. Everyone at our table tried a different type. My husband tried the 3 Amigos: a beer margarita that comes with an upside down Corona in it and a shot of tequila on the side. A friend got a margarita that came with a lime boat filled with tequila. We found all the drinks inventive and fun. And yes, they were strong. Our waitress was excellent and was very prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable.

The food was variable. The chips and salsas were delicious. They serve a spicy one and a regular one. We found the spicy one to be the best. We also ordered the guacamole which was made table side. We ordered two different types and found the one with roasted jalapeños to be the best. We should have stopped here because if we did, this would have been a 5 star review. Instead, we ordered entrees and were disappointed. They were lackluster and many of us left food on the plate. I ordered the chicken chimichangas; the tortilla tasted like it had been baked and not fried. It was tough, not crisp. I had a hard time cutting it. The chicken inside lacked flavor. Overall, it was a bland entree. My husband did not like his dish either- he said it lacked seasoning and flavor.

I would return to Cantina, but only for drinks and a snack.

Bradenton, Florida
“Very Fine Mexican in Destiny”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

After hearing horror stories about the terribly long waits for the new restaurants in Destiny USA, our huge mall in Syracuse, my wife and I decided to try getting in on a Monday night. There was no line and they greeted us warmly and ushered us right to a lovely booth. They brought chips and mild and spicy salsa and water with lemon. They asked if we wanted anything else to drink and had a wonderful selection. We didn't this night, but will sure be tempted in the future. My only complaint was that their menus seemed more limited than other Cantina Laredos where we had eaten. I really missed the combination platters others offered because I love a variety of foods. Instead I order three pork tacos with beans and rice. They were excellent. The soft shells were made of corn and were very tasty. The beans were not pureed, but had some substance to them. My wife ordered the ENSALADADE CiLANTrOY POLLO which was a truly outstanding salad. She ate it for her main course. Stop in any time. They'll take great care of you.

New Hartford, New York
“Don't skip the guacamole!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have eaten a Cantina Laredo four times now. It is very good light, mexican food. I love the fish tacos! The portions are not huge, so if that is what you want you may wish to look elsewhere. However, if you like fresh mexican meals that are not heavy this is the place for you.

That have a person who makes the guacamole fresh right at your table to order. This has been delicious every time!

We had very slow service one out of our four visits. All other times the service was pretty good. This is our resturant of choice in Destiny USA.

Visited February 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Nothing spectacular”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Food was ok...was expecting more for the price. Had the taco's - won't order them again. Hubby had the fajita - that was pretty good..

Visited April 2013