“Worthwhile for a family with kids”

Museum of Science & Technology (MOST)
Ranked #1 of 20 Fun & Games in Syracuse
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Milton J. Rubenstein Museum of Science & Technology is a preeminent science and technology institution, inspiring all generations through hands-on education and entertainment. The Museum is home to 35,000 square feet of exhibit space, the only domed IMAX in New York State and the Silverman Planetarium. The MOST offers an array of educational activities and is a great place to host a birthday party, company event or team meeting.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I found the NY geology and history interesting but otherwise was bored to death at some of the tired displays. Proof of this is I don't even remember if there was a gift shop! The theater is great however and the big screen is a lot of fun.

kevinlucas42, Manager at Museum of Science & Technology (MOST), responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Hi Amalfitana_Baby.

You're right. The IMAX Dome is amazing. I'm glad you enjoyed the museum as a whole but I'm sorry your experience wasn't what you expected in some areas. Many of the older exhibits you mention are being worked out as we install new exhibits as part of our current capital campaign.

I hope you'll come back when you're in the area again and give me a chance to give you a small tour of some of the newer exhibits and explain our over-all plan. Feel free to ask for me at the front desk (Kevin) before you buy your tickets. If I'm not in the building, have the front desk call my cell.

Boston has a beautiful science museum as well. You must visit it often. I haven't been in a while but I remember it being spectacular.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Ober the past five years the museum has doneajor work to improve exhibits and upgrade the various spaces. For younger kids the indoor funhouse is particularly good in winter and on rainy days. There is plenty of science as well, and the IMAX has good films. As a model rail enthusiast the central new York club has their layout at the museum.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Took kids to the MOST, They had a blast. They did not want to come home. Make sure to make it a full day event. Bring lunch they have a lunch area. Bring camera it is fun.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

This place is great for kids on a rainy day or any day really. Some great since lesson can be learned in this place. There is also some places where the kids can just be kids as well. I actually enjoyed this very powerful magnet that you could actually see a washer fly out of your hand if you got close enough to the magnet. There adding more stuff to this place too and it's really cheap.

1  Thank Stephen I
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My Grandchildren and I really enjoyed this museum. It has an Imax theater, model railroad and several attractions geared toward younger children. Good entertainment of pre-teens.

1  Thank NHtoFL