My wife and I took a road trip to Toronto and decided to stop overnight in Syracuse. We figured to save some money by choosing a 2 1/2 star room, we normally only stay in 3 star or better (sorry... we can be snobs about rooms). We were very pleasantly surprised with the Candlewood Suites.
The staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and had a kitchen (stovetop, microwave, full size fridge, dishwasher, sink, dishes, utensils, etc.). They offer free use of washers and dryers and a cupboard stocked with a variety of convenience items/foods (The Ben & Jerry's Ice cream came in handy one evening). And an oddity in today's world, the cupboard is run on the honor system. They do not have a restaurant but there is a wide variety of choices nearby (ask the front desk for a list), some of them will deliver.
Some considerations... it is normally an extended stay hotel so the rooms are cleaned weekly (see front desk for clean towels). The beds are Queen sized and and the TV is a normal tube (told you we were snobs). But for what we got for the price, these weren't an issue.
We were so pleased with our stay, we decided to stop at the same place for a couple of days on our trip back. We vegged out (not a lot to do in Syracuse) and watched cable (pretty good channel selection). It was a great way to wrap up our vacation.
So if you're passing through the Syracuse area, this place is a pretty good bet. Even if you're a snob...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. We are the closest hotel to the airport. This quiet gorgeous hotel is not only neighboring Hancock International Airport (SYR), but also offers easy access to I-81 and I-90, which gives you convenient access to all of Syracuse including Syracuse University, The Carrier Dome, The New York State Fairgrounds, Carousel Center-DestiNY USA, The OnCenter, and much more.Candlewood Suites-Syracuse Airport offers 124 spacious suites with amenities including full kitchens, DVD players, and free high-speed Internet. The Candlewood Suites hotel features a large and well equipped fitness center, free guest laundry, as well as the Candlewood Cupboard. Candlewood Suites-Syracuse Airport also gives you a variety of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as access to our complimentary Airport Shuttle providing transportation to the airport or any of the immediate area restaurants. Pets are welcome with a fee.Current vaccination record must be shown, and pet policy must be signed at check-in. Typically room cleaning once checked in, is provided once every 7 days. Visit with our friendly Guest Service Representatives for information on Syracuse anytime as our Front Desk is open 24 hours day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport Hotel Syracuse
- Candlewood Suites North Syracuse
- Candlewood North Syracuse
- North Syracuse Candlewood Suites