“Great service”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Buffalo, New York
“Great service”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am in town on Business and stay 200+ nights in a hotel , To many night to write reviews so i only write when something stands out
Marissa Claire was awsome and why i am write the review
Candlewood suites are always a great choice
this hotel is clean looks like it is new,

1 Thank PJM235
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear PJM235,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. We try and make the hotel as fresh as possible for every guest and we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the accommodations. We look forward to having you stay with us should you return to the Syracuse area in the future.

Edward Buczek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2014

MIke is the best shuttle driver i have ever had and the front desk agent Marissa D was very professional and made me feel very welcomed! Good to know theres still good people in this world! Two thumbs up and a 5 star hotel! Clean and comfy!

Dear TellyB,

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the interactions you had with our staff members. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Can't stress enough how great the customer service was at this hotel; especially Marissa D. A dear friend was traveling to Syracuse and just had travel delay after travel delay. I reached out to the hotel to see if there was something I could arrange to have at the hotel for when my friend arrived. Marissa bent over backwards to make sure that my friend was well taken care of with a welcome bag, some homemade cookies, and a note from me. It may not sound like it was a lot, but she bent over backwards to make 2 people very satisfied. My friend also said how nice everything was upon arrival and that they catered to his every need. The room was spacious and clean and it really helped to salvage this horrible travel day...by having people that actually cared about his well-being. Marissa D., you rock! Thank you for everything and when he (or I) are back in the area, we will definitely be staying with you. Most people complain when something isn't right, however, I feel that it is very important to compliment when something is outstanding. Thank you, Marissa D!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear JBrenz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We were very happy to take care of your friend and the special touches you asked for. I am glad to hear that they are enjoying their room and the amenities that we provide. We look forward to having you or your friend back in the future shall you ever travel to Syracuse again. Thanks again for the glowing review !!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was on my way into town for a business meeting tonight and was very turned around on my way. I looked up the number and called the hotel for directions. I was warmly geeted by a Merissa who informed me I was actually in the wrong part of Syracuse for the Candlewood where my reservation was booked. I told her I was sitting in the parking lot of a C and S Companies and she advised me I was very close to her hotel but about 12 minutes away from my destination. She patiently gave me turn by turn directions and even offered to stay on the phone with me until I got to Baptist Way. If my other associates were not already in the other hotel I would have stayed with you just by the professionalism and patience I was shown. I was so impressed that she went out of her way even though I was not going to be a guest at her hotel. I had to mention this for future travelers as I know most times it is only the bad reviews people tend to pass on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Diane G,

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback regarding the level of customer service you received when you called our hotel. We hope when you come to Syracuse again, you stay with us and let us show you that customer service isn't the only thing we do well here ! We look forward to seeing you in the future !

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had a wonderful stay here at Candelwood Suites thanks to Marissa Z., and Alex. They were very friendly, and helped my colleagues and I to get situated, locate and get to the various dining establishments in the area. They also proved to be very personable, and provided a wonderful reception.

-Luca

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Luca-

Thank you for the glowing review. I am glad to hear that you were able to try one of our favorite local restaurants. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you in the future !

Watertown, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I booked a night stay using points prior to a flight out of syracuse. The staff were all friendly, and my stay was great. The hotel appears to be much older than I would have thought. The interior fixtures were very dated, but everything was still in very good condition. The airport shuttle driver was waiting for me when I checked out and was also very friendly. I will use them again if I need a preflight hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Shockwave 7_7,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let us know what you liked about your stay. The hotel is starting some renovations this year starting with the soft seating in all of our rooms and a all new lobby area. We hope you come back and see us the next time you may be flying out of the Syracuse Airport. Safe Travels.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here to bookend a trip to Florida (left from Syracuse airport). They have a free shuttle service and it's only a five minute drive to the airport. The hotel itself is basic-you have a front desk, a little kiosk that has some snacks and microwavable meals, and a small gym and a small DVD library (free!). As we have a 15 month old and really don't like going to bed at 6pm, we stayed in the one bedroom suite that has a pullout couch in a separate room. The hotel provided us with a comfortable and clean crib for our son. The bed on the first night was meh, on the return trip was much better. The rooms themselves are nice.
The staff is where this place really shines. They are EXTREMELY helpful. The two girls at the front desk were bending over backwards helping us, and the shuttle driver (/handyman) was also awesome. For the price, convenience and service, this place can't be beat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family