Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
$152
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$104
$85
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$109
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
$112
$102
All reviewssyracuse airportfront deskfull kitchenpark and flythe maintenance manfrequent travelerkitchen areathe shuttle driverlittle thingsearly flightstaying at this hotelbed was comfortablethe holiday inn expresshome away from homecleaning staffcoffee makerfitness room
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Parking at the airport would have been $80.00, so we chose to search for a motel nearby in this price range. The booking online gave me a total of $100.56 which was pretty reasonable. When we arrived, we were told that this price was the room only. The park, sleep and fly was going to be a total of $146.89. The difference of $46.33 was to pay for the airport shuttle and the parking for up to 14 days. Seemed a little steep to me.

When we returned from our trip after midnight, the shuttle was waiting for us and the room was okay, if a little worn, but my wife was not impressed by a couple of small spots of blood on the sheets. She mentioned it at the front desk in the morning and they were very apologetic and we were given a couple of vouchers for the snack bar. I think we'll try another place next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Martin V-

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I understand the reservation you booked at first was for the room only which would have included parking for the one night that you stayed. In order to leave your car you needed to book the park and fly package. This was the difference in the price. The package includes up to 14 days of parking and overnight accomidations. Parking at the airport is 8 dollars a day for outside parking and 11 dollars a day for garage parking. I aplogize that there seemed to be spots on your sheets. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping department. We would love for you to give our hotel another try if you ever are in the Syracuse area again. Thank you.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

While staff was friendly and shuttle efficient, I thought the room looked a little dingy and the beds were small and uncomfortable. Parking was convenient, but for the price, I think there are much better places to stay park and fly in Syracuse. No breakfast included or available. Lobby looks messy and unprofessional.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Recently Retired-

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and efficient. I am sorry that you found the beds to be uncomfortable, with all mattresses it comes down to personal preference as to what you find comfortable and uncomfortable. Although we do not offer a complimentary breakfast we do have breakfast items available for purchase in our Candlewood Cupboard. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling on winter vacation.

The Good:

-Reasonable price
-Polite and helpful service
-Convenient location - To both I-81 and the NYS Thruway - also lots of restaurants and other retail shops close by.
-Clean pleasant lobby

The Bad:

-Room was a somewhat dated
-Bed was small and uncomfortable
-Sleeper sofa had a thin uncomfortable mattress

Overall it served its purpose very well and I wouldn't hesitate to to stay here again. It is definitely a value hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Miusa,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and location.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our bed and the sleeper sofa. We will address these points. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Marissa went totally above and beyond anything her job title holds for responsibilty with helping me and my family getting my mother situated in her room for weeks to come. It's a real good feeling to know she'll be there ready to help in any way she can. A true asset to Candlewood Suites. If she's not promoted to Management duties soon, then somebody in management now, is not doing their job.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We chose this location because it was close to the airport and this hotel did not disapoint us. With in a mile from the airport and prompt service made it a great stay. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple