I came here to stay over a four day business trip. I am a platinum member of IHG so I stay in quite a few of their brand each year. Keep in mind you aren't staying at the Ritz, but then again, there is nothing wrong with this place. I find it hard to believe the terrible reviews that this hotel received. The hotel is very clean, the staff is very welcoming. I came in a little after midnight and the desk person asked if he could help me get my luggage, if I needed anything, etc. It's an easy straight shot for the most part from the airport (about 1 1/2 miles) and easy access to get on the interstate (81 is less than 1/2 mile away). It could use some modernizing, but again, you aren't at the Ritz. It is very comfortable and when you stay more than one night, that is important. It is very close to several fast food places, several sit down restaurants like Applebees. If you are staying long term, there is a grocery store called I believe Tops which the easiest way to get to is straight through the McDonald's parking lot which is right across from the hotel. I stayed in a suite on the first floor. If you stay, see if you can get a room toward the 30's (129, 229, etc.) the reason is, there is a door right there by the rooms that you can pop straight out to your car instead of running through the lobby. If you are working here such as construction, there is also a side lot where the above rooms look out on to your truck so you can keep an eye on things. The hotel has a very nice laundry room in the hotel with multiple washer and dryers that look pretty new. The workout room isn't the best but it will fit your needs. The suite was fully stocked with plates, etc. and enough pans to survive with. All were new and clean. Furniture was also clean as was the bathroom. Adequate number of towels, etc. Bed wasn't the best but if you work all day, it is comfortable enough that you won't notice it. Plenty of closet space if you are traveling with a family. My room had a pull out couch and separate bedroom. There is also a small dining like table in the room and a nice workstation. If you are staying long term in this area, I would stay here in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. We are the closest hotel to the airport. This quiet gorgeous hotel is not only neighboring Hancock International Airport (SYR), but also offers easy access to I-81 and I-90, which gives you convenient access to all of Syracuse including Syracuse University, The Carrier Dome, The New York State Fairgrounds, Carousel Center-DestiNY USA, The OnCenter, and much more.Candlewood Suites-Syracuse Airport offers 124 spacious suites with amenities including full kitchens, DVD players, and free high-speed Internet. The Candlewood Suites hotel features a large and well equipped fitness center, free guest laundry, as well as the Candlewood Cupboard. Candlewood Suites-Syracuse Airport also gives you a variety of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as access to our complimentary Airport Shuttle providing transportation to the airport or any of the immediate area restaurants. Pets are welcome with a fee.Current vaccination record must be shown, and pet policy must be signed at check-in. Typically room cleaning once checked in, is provided once every 7 days. Visit with our friendly Guest Service Representatives for information on Syracuse anytime as our Front Desk is open 24 hours day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport Hotel Syracuse
- Candlewood Suites North Syracuse
- Candlewood North Syracuse
- North Syracuse Candlewood Suites