This is the second time in four years I am staying at this hotel. The first time was four years ago during a severe snow storm, we were late to check in but had called several times to inform the front desk that we were on our way but would be very late. When we arrived and they gave our room away, so we were placed in a non smoking room, we reserved smoking. The young man at the desk did not know which rooms in the building were smoking. After several changes we finally settled into a room at 3:00 am. This time a smoking room was booked through Priority Club but the reservation was made as a non smoking room. Today we arrived about fifteen minutes early, and we had to wait to check in. At exactly 3:00 pm we were told our room was ready, all three of us asked if it was smoking and the young woman told each of us YES! We get to the room unpack settle in to relax. The phone rings, it is the front desk, he advises us we are in the wrong room but not to worry he will fix it. My friend who smokes looks for an ashtray but there isn't one, she calls housekeeping for one, a few minutes later the phone rings again. The young man at the desk informs us that this is not a smoking room and that if we do smoke there is a $200.00 cleaning fee he will add to our bill. I go down and try to make sense of it all, but he says we are in the wrong room, she can't smoke or we will be charged and he may be able to move us but not until the morning. We told him we would switch hotels and to that he answered, too bad we already charged you card for the night. We travel extensively, and we are in the Syracuse area every year at this time, but we can't find a hotel that seems to know what they are doing. The rooms are clean the beds are comfortable and each room has a full kitchen. It really is a pleasant place to stay except that the front desk needs to get it together and know how fulfill the needs of the customers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. We are the closest hotel to the airport. This quiet gorgeous hotel is not only neighboring Hancock International Airport (SYR), but also offers easy access to I-81 and I-90, which gives you convenient access to all of Syracuse including Syracuse University, The Carrier Dome, The New York State Fairgrounds, Carousel Center-DestiNY USA, The OnCenter, and much more.Candlewood Suites-Syracuse Airport offers 124 spacious suites with amenities including full kitchens, DVD players, and free high-speed Internet. The Candlewood Suites hotel features a large and well equipped fitness center, free guest laundry, as well as the Candlewood Cupboard. Candlewood Suites-Syracuse Airport also gives you a variety of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as access to our complimentary Airport Shuttle providing transportation to the airport or any of the immediate area restaurants. Pets are welcome with a fee.Current vaccination record must be shown, and pet policy must be signed at check-in. Typically room cleaning once checked in, is provided once every 7 days. Visit with our friendly Guest Service Representatives for information on Syracuse anytime as our Front Desk is open 24 hours day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport Hotel Syracuse
- Candlewood Suites North Syracuse
- Candlewood North Syracuse
- North Syracuse Candlewood Suites