“Great Staff”

Middle Ages Brewing Company
Ranked #22 of 72 things to do in Syracuse
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was my second brewery experience. For now, there is no tasting fee which is a definite plus (I believe this is changing in May). But, that also might explain why the place was so crowded. It almost seemed like a place locals come to hang out at almost like a bar.

The beers here were pretty good, my husband loved them, as he is more of a beer drinker than I am. We took home some beer with us to enjoy later on.

They do have two cats, so if you are allergic, just be careful. My husband is allergic to cats, but he seemed to do ok as the cats weren't near him.

The staff were great but they were busy so they didn't go into detail about each beer. If it was a little less crowded, my experience would have been better and I'd have given this 5 stars. Definitely worth checking out though.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"highlander"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Very good beer and the samples are all completely free. On the Saturday afternoon when we dropped in, it was busy so it does get a little cramped and there are no seats. But . . . did you hear what I said at first? Great beer for free! Even buying a small growler with beer at the end and two of us trying six beers each, it was about ten bucks.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stopped in Syracuse on the way to somewhere else and planned our brewery stops. Got to Middle Ages around 6 intentionally for the tour only to learn that there were no tours on Saturdays. PLEASE PUT THIS ON YOUR WEBSITE.

As we came in, a gentleman approached us and asked if we like Jerky, and then told us he was selling it. REALLY?

Tried most of the 7 samples on tap, several of the ones I would have liked to try were growler fills only.

Small room, no chairs as noted by others. No food, just tastings. If they had a tour, I might go again but otherwise wasn't what I had hoped.

1  Thank RickTravelingAround
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Come as you are and enjoy a really relaxed experience featuring excellent ales offered by an operation that knows how good it is-- no rush, no hype. As noted by others it can be busy on the weekends and late afternoons, but even at its most hectic, folks will usually give you access to the counter for refills. Ales for all tastes from highly hopped to smooth and mellow. On a friday afternoon you'll find a cross-community gathering from construction workers, to college students, to staff from Upstate Medical Centers looking in to pick up a growler or three for the weekend.