“Thanks for being open on a Monday!”
Review of Attilio's

Attilio's
Ranked #53 of 687 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“Thanks for being open on a Monday!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We wanted to go out on a Monday night and our choices were very limited for a good Italian restaurant in Syracuse. Attilio's came to the rescue for our impromptu family dinner.

We enjoyed greens and calamari as shared appetizers and there was plenty to go around for our table of nine. Italian bread was fresh and plentiful. We enjoyed it with the olive oil and seasonings plate.

Almost all of us brought home some scrumptious leftovers -- shrimp parm (special), veal saltimbocca, veal marsala, broiled haddock, pork chops (another special), various chicken dishes, and lasagna.

There were a couple of disconnects at the bar before dinner with a Negroni and a chocolate martini not being made quite the way we usually have 'em. And, our table experienced two big spills -- the first before we were seated and the second one a drink order. The tables were uneven by quite a bit. Seems like with the reservation we'd made they could have found four tables of the same height to use. The restaurant was not crowded.

The only negative comment I heard was regarding the vegetable side of asparagus, which had a non-generous serving of just five pieces.

• Visited August 2014

Camillus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FABULOUS!!!! OH MY!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Friendly, welcoming , great food and service! We were welcomed on short notice! They took our group of nine who had been ignored at another local restaurant! Nikki-our server and hostess- greeted and seated us. She took care of our beverages and orders and didn't miss a beat! The food was fabulous! Special orders were handled without a problem and all the while~ all staff was friendly and attentive. Food was great! Our group is adopting Attilios as our new and forever go to place. Thank you!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Maryanne D
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Who rude can you be?? Attilio's owners Beware”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Watch out for the "Big" server. He growled like a Bear to a Lady customer. The rudest waiter I have ever seen in all my restaurant outings. I was waiting for him to come around but somehow manage to stay away from my side of the table.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank b1719jagcc
Malone, New York
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

There were 2 adults and 2 kids that went to this restaurant and the food was wonderful. The service was good and attentive. Love it when a server keeps my water glass full. The restaurant is attached with an open door to their bar and there were a few gentlemen at the bar who were quite intoxicated and were very, very loud and obnoxious. That certainly spoiled the atmosphere and the reason I can't give it 5 stars. The restaurant was clean and attractively decorated. It's kind of a warehouse type style with high open ceilings so the acoustics were not great and could have contributed to the bar patrons seeming so loud. it wasn't busy when we were there and the wait staff did sit together in a booth toward the kitchen visiting when they weren't busy. That always strikes me as a bit unprofessional. But it didn't stop them from being very attentive to our needs. I would recommend this restaurant for the delicious food.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank JanBMar
Graham, Washington
“Delicious but loud”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My mother, 2 sons and I ate dinner here on a slow Tuesday evening. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive. She took the time to customize our salads and ensure one of our shared meals was split into 2 plates. My son and I shared a HUGE plate of shrimp alfredo. It was amazing - one of the best alfredo sauces I've ever eaten. My mom really enjoyed her linguine with clam sauce. Although not on their menu, they do offer a handful of child-friendly options. My youngest opted for the mac and cheese with shell shaped pasta and it was so, so good. We all grazed off of his plate in addition to ours. Our only real complaint was how loud the bar area was. It was full of very drunk, noisy men and it actually scared my kids a bit. One final note: There was a man sitting in a portable folding chair in the small parking lot behind the restaurant. He directed us in and helped us back out when we left. My mother tried to ask him if he was watching the parking lot but he didn't really respond - perhaps didn't speak English? We contemplated tipping (ended up not) but were just really confused by the entire thing.

• Visited July 2014