“Unique experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We eat at Attilio's every year during our convention, saving it for Saturday night as a celebration . Originally called Anthony's , I believe it is situated in little Italy not too far from the major hotels. Entering through the bar you arrive in a stylish restaurant with white tablecloths. Wines are excellent and so is the pasta. The bread at the beginning served with oil and dips is a bonus. Salads taste wonderful and staff are quite helpful. Yum I can hardly wait 'til next year!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I really love this place. The food is excellent. Large portions for the price. Great bartender who was also our server at a table in the bar area - quieter out there when the bar isn't full. One of my favorite places for Utica greens. Calamari steak is superb. Pork chops were awesome. I really have nothing negative to say except maybe the bathroom could use more light - very dark with just a red light in the stall. Nitpicking, of course. This place will definitely be in our rotation.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I loved this restaurant so much the first time I visited in December that I had to go back quickly. Everything is great here, the ambiance, the food, the service and even the prices. The first time I went I met a couple of friends and was surprised when I found that it had been around for a while. The bar is sweet--looks like a great place to have a quick drink with friends or to watch a game, but it's very cold this winter and, since I can't guarantee I'll get close parking, I'll wait until the spring thaw for that.

The food was so good. Italian restaurants are often made and broken by their pasta sauces. I don't do carbs so I order chicken parm made with grilled chicken. At Attillio's the sauce was delicious, just the right spice and stood up to the grilled chicken. Without breading, this can be a tough dish to get right. The side of vegetables (broccoli) was fresh and tasty. Loved the side of sausage. Nice Malbec at a good price, too.

Our waiter was helpful and everyone seemed service-oriented without being overbearing. When I went back only a couple of weeks later, the waiter remembered me.

Will go back again soon. Too few authentic restaurants in our town and way too many chains.

1  Thank BettysDaughter
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Absolute top restaurant! Good admosphere and nice place to work. The eggplant pasta was very tastfull as well as the courgette.

1  Thank ingrid s
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My first trip to Atillio's was memorable.. Went last night 1/23/2014.. very cold night, no wait to speak of.. Really nothing in the interior has changed since it was Antonios.. then again nothing really needed to.. So, seated immediately, with a a loaf of bread delivered within minutes.. our waiter ( Paul) was on top of things and noticed we were in no rush to get back out in the cold and as such gave us the time to converse without feeling rushed. We really weren't in the mood for appetizers as the bread and oil with herbs was sufficient. Nice touch with the extra bottle of oil on the table to replenish the taste that was awesome with the grated cheese, red pepper and garlic.Although a nice bottle of wine was ordered as it was a restuarant special for the night. Since we didn't order an appetizer we delved right into our entrees.. Myself a Filet with Oscar topping and my friend ordered the french cut reserve pork Chops. The Filet was cooked a perfect medium rare topped with an abundant of crab meat with a savory Oscar sauce surrounding the meat and crab.. One of the best Filets I have had in a long time and would order it again.. The Menu does not show the Oscar extra.. this was ordered upon our waiters input.. So do ask as it is not on the menu. My friends pork chops were ordered with the apple/ walnut sauce.. The only down side to this was the presentation as it looked more like a pot roast dinner than a fine dining plate. The pork chops were cooked to perfection, moist and tender. The apple/walnut sauce was exquisite. The down side was that there was too much sauce and the plate itself looked more like a pot roast dinner than a fine dining experience. Heads up.. either order the sauce on the side or tell the waiter to have the chef go easy on the sauce..The presentation was not what I expected for a fine dining experience.. This was told to the waiter and his response was " I have told the chef about this previously and thats the way he does it" .. Really makes no sense, a drizzle of the sauce to make the plate look appetizing would be better suited than the entire plate being gorged with a gravy like appearance.. just saying.. other than that, our dinner was terrific and I would recommend this resturant to anyone.