“What a dump!”

Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Chicago, Il
“What a dump!”
Reviewed April 3, 2005

I was so disgusted by the thought of sleeping in this place that I was actually glad that I had to get up at 4am to catch a flight! The desk staff looked over worked, over tired and only moved when absolutley necessary. Not to mention thata it seemed there were only 2 opeople running the whole place! None of them was dressed in a professional manner with the exception of one man who I took to be the Manager on Duty. He eventually handled my check-in but first ignored me for the first 10 mins that I stood at the front desk..he continued to help other people who came up to the desk but would not look in my direction. Finally, he tried to check me in and handed me a print out of my reservation. NONE of my information was correct with the exception of my name! It had a completely different address, phone number, city everything! Nothing even close to my info. When I pointed this out, he said that "it doesn't matter" and told me to just scratch it out and fill in the correct info. Then I tried to use a tax exempt form...big mistake! They had no idea how to handle this! He even set my form down on the desk, walked away for a minute then returned and tried to convince me that this was not my form I had just handed him but someone elses that I was trying to use!
Finally, I asked if there was an elevator to my room on the second floor. THere was not. He asked if I needed help with my bag. I had 2 bags so I asked for assistance. He said ok and walked away. I assume he was going to get a hotel porter or someone to help with my bags. Instead he returned about 2 mins. later (While a woman sat behind the desk and just looked at me while she was on a personal phone call.) with no one to help me. He stared at me for a second and then this look of realization came across his face and he came around the desk and draged my one large bag up the stairs himself while I hauled my other bag and carry on. People were still waiting at the desk for help at this point but the other woman was clearly too busy with her personal life to do anything.

I won't even get into the rooms. Let's just say, very small, hardly room to move, hadn't been updated since the early 70's and felt more like a prison cell than a room. It seemed clean but it just had an overall creepy feeling.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank goddess1903

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed February 18, 2005

Was driving from Toronto to New Jersey and needed somewhere to break the journey. This was well-priced online. Check-in staff was friendly and room was okay. But overall the hotel was depressing. Even though it was warm enough to swim, the outdoor pool was ignored - full of leaves and apparently not going to be opened. Sad.. was probably well-used back in the 1970s.

Worst was an attempt at breakfast in the crummy restaurant. Despite sitting down and waiting for about 15 minutes, the waiter just ignored us.. so we got up and left, and ended up at a McDonald's down the highway.

If you're flying from the adjacent airport then it would be handy.. otherwise, forget it.

• Stayed September 2002
1 Thank Lover/Fighter

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

upstate ny
Reviewed September 13, 2004

We had a flight out of Syracuse very early in the morning. The flight on Transmeridian cost about 20% of that for any flight out of Bingoland to the same destination. As the flight was scheduled for the early morning, we stayed over night at this hotel, had an early morning breakfast snack in the lobby, took their shuttle to the airport and left our car with them for two weeks. They picked us up at the terminal when we arrived back and delivered us to our car-that they had kept in their lot. The room, shuttle and parking combined cost us approximately $70!

This hotel offers an amazing service that is ideal for those of us who live in places like Binghamton and who fly out of Syracuse. Binghamton flight service is hopeless and a total rip off. Flying out of Syracuse is much cheaper and flights are more direct (for instance, unlike flights out of Bingo, flying to NY city does not require 16 stops with changeovers in LA, Utah and Columbus Oh). The hotel is located adjacent to and provides shuttle service to and from the terminals. They allow you to keep your car in their lot for up to one week free. For periods over a week, they will keep your car unless they need the space-at which point they may put your car in a local lot for $5 a day. They kept ours for two weeks.

This is not a luxury hotel. It is clean and convenient. The staff is professional and efficient. More importantly, it provides an amazing service that allows those of us living in Binghamton and other impovished and poorly serviced upstate NY cities/towns a means to get out occasionally and take advantage of the cheaper direct early morning flights out of Syracuse . Thanks Best Western for the service!

• Stayed September 2004
7 Thank Outstanding-raters
Travelers also viewed these Syracuse hotels
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Red Roof Inn Syracuse
Red Roof Inn Syracuse
#16 of 32 in Syracuse
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds

Been to Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn

Property: Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn
Address: 900 Col Eileen Collins Blvd, Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Syracuse, NY 13212
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Syracuse
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Best Western, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Syracuse Airport Hotel Syracuse