“Decent Hotel at a good price”

Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Bermuda
“Decent Hotel at a good price”
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stayed at this Best Western for a week while studing at Syracuse University. The hotel is literally feet from the airport and the hotel offers a great suttle service. The place is clean and close to the mall. Plan to rent a car if you are staying her for any length of time. Overall I had a decent week at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank isyer1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Fort Drum, New York
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Our two stays at this Best Western (on each side of our flight dates) were pleasant. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is helpful and very accommodating. All my extra needs (with my two babies) were fulfilled quickly. The restaurant provided quick and satisfying meals, with very friendly service. The only downside of this hotel is the meager food offering in the morning. With most Best Westerns, especially airport hotels, you receive a nice continental breakfast. Not so at this hotel. The first morning, we only found coffee and mini donuts. The second morning, we woke up a little later and nothing was available and the restaurant was not open. With the money spent for the night, I've come to expect a continental breakfast in the morning.

I'd say with more of a breakfast offering in the morning for travelers, this would be an excellent hotel. As it stands now, it's above average, a comfortable place to stay the night before you fly out.

• Liked — Easy access to the airport and the long term parking option.
  • Disliked — No continental breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed November 25, 2007

As many times as I've been to the Syracuse airport I've never noticed this fairly small 2-story hotel so close to the airport. I had to call the shuttle which arrived promptly to take me to the hotel but on a nice day I could have walked. The room was small but very clean and comfortable. They even had a free small continental breakfast set up in the lobby even though it was Thanksgiving. The price, including tax, was less than $90.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
Glen Walter Ontario
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I stayed for the Park n Fly package at the end of my trip. The courtesy shuttle was prompt and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that this Best Western hotel does not provide complimentary breakfast as most Best Westerns do. They did have an urn of coffee out, but it was lukewarm, yuck! I did notice on the way out that they have a little restaurant in the back, if I had known I would have tried it. I would definitely stay here for the Park n Fly again.

Stayed August 2007
ny
Reviewed March 4, 2007

the beds were terrible at 55 inch tall you feet should not hang off the bed. Could not sleep lump in the matress, and the complimentary breakfast was nothing more then a mini muffen and coffee. The restrant did not open till 7am most early flights are gone by then. Hungry 5 year old not fun!!!! i would not stay agian if you paid me.

• Liked — shower was good
  • Disliked — the bed
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank sleepy7
small town, NY
Reviewed February 26, 2007

I (and family members also when they travel) frequently stay at this hotel to catch very early morning flights. While yes, it is an older hotel, my rooms have always been very clean and in great condition. The food here is remarkably good. I must say that above and beyond all of that is the service of the staff, I find them to be above even what I find at the most pricey 5 star locations. They are friendly, kind, eager to help in any way possible. I do not even consider staying any place else.

• Liked — close to airport
  • Disliked — musty room sometimes
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank gr8fulgurl
Naples. Fl
Reviewed January 25, 2007

I don't understand the previous bad reviews of this hotel. I recently stayed there with my two young children, 3 and 5, overnight in order to catch an early morning flight. The hotel was an average hotel. It was not a resort like hotel, however it was an average hotel, what is to be expected for an airport hotel. The rooms are a bit small, but enough for one night. The room was very clean. The beds were quite comfortable. There was extended cable and wireless internet. The staff was very helpful and courtious. I had a lot of luggage and the staff was very nice about helping me bring the luggage to and from my room. My girls and I ate at the restaurant, which has diner food, but it was very good. I especially liked the fact that I was able to park my car at the hotel for a week for only a few dollars more than than the average hotel room price. This is a lot less that I would have had to pay to park a car at the airport. There is also an airport shuttle that runs every ten minutes that is convenient. Overall I had a good stay. This is a good hotel for a short stay.

• Liked — ability to park a car for a week, on airport grounds
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family