“An oasis”

Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
London, England, United Kingdom
“An oasis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I arrived here off a plane in appalling weather, unable to get to my final destination, and needing a room at short notice. This is the only hotel at this small out-of-town airport. The staff at this hotel could not have been kinder and more accommodating. The rooms are enormous, well-appointed, and not at all expensive ($99 including breakfast). Excellent cable TV allowed me to track the changing weather conditions accurately and make my decision about when to leave.

There is a good restaurant, and also a bar serving bar meals. Reasonable prices and a well stocked bar.

The only slight downer was a really sub-standard breakfast buffet, 90% of it was sugar-impregnated wheat of some description (breakfast cereal, toast, cakes, muffins). No fruit, salad, vegetables of any description, and everything served off plastic (cups, plates, cutlery).

But for the price, still a bargain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BWSAIGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We enjoyed having you stay with us and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will look into your recommendations for the Breakfast Buffet.

Scott Parody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Grapevine, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed one night. Our flight was cancelled and the airline suggested that we contact the Best Western for a distressed passenger rate. We spoke with the front desk agent and secured a King Room at a discounted price and shuttle service pickup in under 5 minutes. Customer Service was great! The hotel is located one block from the airport's front door, we could have walked over. There is a restaurant and bar located on site, nothing fancy, but completely necessary after a long day sitting in the airport. Here's where the "2 stars" come in... The hotel is definitely outdated. The room we were assigned to was dusty, smelled of smoke, and had old fixtures. I'm glad it was only for one night. Luckily, the sheets and bathroom seemed to be clean.

Dear Davidj730,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience.
I’m glad you found us convenient for your quick stopover. I was however disappointed to read that the room was not up to your standards.
We strive to exceed all our guests’ expectation. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Syracuse area.

Scott Parody

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Glenfield, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Given the weather, etc., the hotel and staff were very good. Couple problems with plumbing but nothing we couldn't work around. Given the shortness of our stay due to a flight cancellation, we did not attempt to have them fixed before leaving.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSAIGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Everett R,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your nice review of our Hotel and Staff and hope that maintenance resolved any issues you may have had with the pluming.

Vestal, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

When ever my wife and I have an early morning flight we stay here. The price is fair and they have a park and ride program.

When we arrived, we were met by Molly at the front desk. She did a great job of making us feel welcome, listening to us, and making suggestions.

With it being Friday night, Christmas time, and not knowing the area that well, my wife and I decided to stay at the hotel and have a drink and dinner.

We headed to the bar where Patti was tending bar. Very nice person, when we decided it was time to eat, she had some suggestions what was good on the menu and not so good. We sat at the bar and ate dinner. Prices were average, and food was very good.

The room was, well a room. Large enough for the two of us for one night. It was clean. The mattress needed to be replaced. It was too soft, almost sleeping on a pillow.

We had an early morning flight and the van was ready to go to take us to the few hundred yards to the airport.

We were scheduled to return the following Saturday night, but due to weather and maintenance issues with the airplane, we were delayed till Sunday afternoon. We called the Best Western and let them know, and they said not to worry.

When we finally arrived in Syracuse, the direct line at the airport wasn't working, so I called and they were there within 10 minutes.

When we fly out of Syracuse, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terry S
BWSAIGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Terry S,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review of our Hotel. We always enjoy having you and your wife stay with us.
While I’m glad to see you enjoy staying with us I was distressed to learn that you found our beds too soft. You and your wife have stayed in a different room every time you have stayed with us. I will put it in your profile that you would like one that isn’t pillow top. That way the staff will know what room you might prefer.
We look forward to the next time you stay with us.

Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

You can read my other reviews - I now fly in and out of Syracuse once or twice a year, and at one end or the other stay at the BW next to Hancock Airport. Clean, inexpensive, comfortable, reasonable meals, and most of all, the staff is tops at customer service. This is not a five-star luxury hotel, but if you're looking for someplace you can count on giving you a good night's sleep before an early morning flight... if you're looking for something to eat and a place to sleep after a late-night arrival... this is the place.

This time I ordered room service. Prompt, efficient, not expensive, and the food was good.

I stand by my previous reviews - this BW delivers with consistent value for the money.

Room Tip: As I've said before, when I travel alone I prefer a room closer to the desk - traffic in the hal...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KCoff
BWSAIGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear KCoff,

Thank you “again” for posting such a wonderful review of our Staff and Hotel. You have no idea how much we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience for everyone on TripAdvisor this time.
Our staff is looking forward to your return.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Incredibly close to the airport. But that also meant we heard takeoffs and landings all evening. Small but comfortable rooms. Restaurant was okay. The hotel staff was friendly. Our room was a little dusty. Phone jack was broken and alarm clock didn't work, so they came to the door for our wake up call. Couldn't get the CC on the TV to work. If I was opting for convenience, I'd stay here again. But if I needed a little pampering, I'd certainly go elsewhere.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BWSAIGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Amber B,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was sorry to read that you had issues with your room. Please never hesitate to ask the staff if they can find another room.
We hope you give our Hotel another try the next time you are in the Syracuse area.

Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

My flight got in at midnight - I was worried because the direct link phone line from the terminal to the hotel did not get any response - but on walking outside I found the hotel van ready to take me the several hundred yards to the hotel. It is fine to walk in warmer weather with light luggage - but not after midnight at the end of November! I had a great room at the back corner of the building with extra space.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSAIGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Celia N,

Thank you for your kind review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am so pleased that you found our staff and our service to be quick and courteous. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the room.
We look forward to your return.