“Great hotel: bad timing!”

Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Cedar Springs
“Great hotel: bad timing!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Best western central suggested this hotel, we asked for and got a quiet room. Unfortunately this place was filled full with excited fly football leagues(10 year olds). Lots of doors banging & hall noise that quit at 11:30 & began again at 6:30. No hot breakfast for us due to crowd of kids again, but glad we got good coffee.

• Stayed July 2013
BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear marg2692,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. I appreciate your taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
I am disappointed we failed to provide a peaceful and pleasant stay for you and I appreciate your constructive critique of our performance. You have alerted us to an area needing attention and corrective action has been taken.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Syracuse.

Scott Parody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Newton, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great staff that were very helpful and friendly; the hotel was very clean and the room was comfortable. The pool area was filled with blooming flowers - so beautiful we didn't want to leave! Someone there must love growing plants, and they should keep up the good work! Even though we were right next to the airport, it was very peaceful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Susan W,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review on TripAdvisor.
I’m glad you got a chance to enjoy our courtyard pool and I am passing on your comments, knowing that they will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn the next time you are in Syracuse. We look forward to your return.

Garden Grove, California
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was helping my daughter move away to college and chose to stay at the closest hotel to Syracuse airport for one night rather than drive at night in an unknown city. This hotel is just what we needed. The staff is great, friendly, helpful, professional. The breakfast met our needs the following morning. As we checked out, the front desk staff printed out directions to help us get to our destination. The only suggestion I would make to the hotel is the same most other reviews: the room furnishings need to be upgraded, they are worn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear HikeAroundtheWorld49,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at out Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.
We value your feedback and will look into your suggestions. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn the next time you are in Syracuse.

Leamington, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Got motel at the last minute. Airport close but noise from planes not an issue. NO elevator as only two floors but manager most helpful in carrying bags to room. Restaurant very good and full hot breakfast. Good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Deanna R.,

I just wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and also that you had a chance to enjoy our restaurant.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our overall stay was great. location off of I 81 near the air port. Location a plus less concerned about your car cause your not in a residential area. We loved the pool spent 2 hours with the kids in it. The hot breakfast was great for the kids. they loved watching the planes. Beds were soft plenty of room in room we even had a cot. Laundry area near room great to have cause the kids spent 4 nights. I came down to hotel to babysit while their mom spent time at hospital with their grandmother.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TripAdvisor member,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn. Your review of our Hotel was very generous and greatly appreciated. We are very happy to hear your family got a chance to enjoy the pool.

Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed July 12, 2013

After a United cancelled flight in Ithaca, a 175.- cab ride to Syracuse, another cancelled flight by Delta and a subsequent row with most vicious United desk person, let down because I missed my London connection. Feeling completely stuck and forelorn in a foreign country I decided to go to Syracuse airport's Best Western without high hopes. Was picked up in an oversized van and, once again, given a lesson: Hotels are the people, not the buildings. I get a "we'll make you feel rested and better" at front desk, a somewhat utilitary room but clean and with all basics. Went to the bar, had an excellent virgin bloody mary and the best reuben of my life but above all, friendly smiles and about six people running this little hotel, who just got everything done by themselves. They were everywhere! After dinner I shared some smokes with other just as stuck fellow travellers with interesting histories from all over and finally went to bed feeling much better with humankind. Had an excellent shower next day, the included breakfast, left a tip for the guy who was taking care of the morning eatery and was amazed that he made it a point to look for me in the garden and thank me for my tip. You don't tip these people? They are hard workers!
I subsequently left for the airport to again do battle with the uncaring airlines and their employees.
This little hotel ain't the Ritz but it sure as Hell felt like it!! Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pwinkler
BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear pwinkler,

I can't thank you enough for providing feedback of this nature. One of the strongest attributes is our staff they truly care about our guests and the service we offer. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was sent to this hotel after a mechanical problem canceled my flight with United. Would I stay here again? Definitely. Great service, friendly shuttle & lobby staff. The room was very clean and comfortable...but then, morning came. Breakfast had just a few options although a decent-sized dining area. Returning from breakfast and with the Please Do Not Disturb sign still on my door (and a few more in the nearby area), I sat in my room trying to read and relax before needing to check out. The conversations laced with foul mouth words I heard from the housekeeping crew were appalling! What a way to make a guest want to leave earlier than the 11am check out time. Hopefully the situation was dealt with after I mentioned that to the lobby staff upon check out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank funnychap24
Dear funnychap24,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality service you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Syracuse.