“Great service!”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Kingston, Canada
“Great service!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here on February 14, 2013 and were very happy with the service we received, especially by the front desk staff. We even got upgraded to a suite and wished a Happy Valentines Day. We had an early flight out and it was so convenient to stay here. We left our car with them and took the free shuttle to the terminal. We had dinner at the hotel and were very happy with the quality of the food. Breakfast was typical of this kind of hotel and was more than adequate (bonus that it starts at 4:00 am! Perfect for a 6:00 flight).
The room was clean and comfortable. We could hear other guests through the walls, but it didn't disturb my sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Lauren B,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review.
We are glad to know that you were happy with the complimentary upgrade and that you enjoyed our restaurant. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn the next time you are in Syracuse. We look forward to your return.

Best,

Scott Parody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Belleville Ont
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great staff at this location. I think Curt wears about 10 hats with all the tasks he performs. Very freindly and accomadating. Food in restraunt was great and staff very nice. Would recomend it, in fact all ready have to a few people upon returning home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Gary B,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter. We are very glad you enjoyed our restaurant and our staff. We couldn’t be more pleased that you are spreading the good word.
It is always gratifying to know that our staff’s performance was effective and appreciated. We are grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I wrote a previous review titled "Location Plus!" nearly four years ago. Whilst browsing through reviews in preparation for a trip later this year, I came across some low-rated reviews for this specific Best Western, so I thought I'd do a follow-up to make this more current.

As I wrote in 2009, it's not a five-star hotel - and I didn't expect it to be. It's convenient to a busy airport. It's not expensive, it's clean, it's pleasant. Would I plan to spend a two-week vacation here? No. Would I be glad to stay here anytime I'm flying to or from Syracuse? Definitely.

The shuttle is handy and quick. The staff are responsive to questions and requests for help. If I have a problem, it's addressed immediately.

The breakfast selections are somewhat above the average hotel / motel serve-yourself fare. It's stocked for an extended period of time, with a super-early start, so travelers don't have to worry about their schedules.

It's a safe, secure, well-lit hotel in a zone that's buffered a bit from the noise of the airport. Women travelling alone, as well as families with young children, can feel comfortable here.

We didn't use the restaurant, and I don't know if there's a spa / fitness suite. Those things aren't important to me if I have a short-stay at a hotel.

What I want is a comfortable, clean bed... a super-clean working bathroom... the right heating or cooling system... and a good night's sleep. A plus is not having to pay a fortune. Icing on the cake consists of cheerful, pleasant staff who are always happy to lend a hand.

Had I read some of these more recent reviews before I stayed at Syracuse BW last fall, I might've thought things had changed for the worse. I'm happy to report they haven't gone downhill, and I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a one- or two-night airport stop.

P.S. My overall rating for this hotel will appear quite high - as it should. I have no hidden agenda, and do not know anyone associated with the staff or ownership of BW at Syracuse Airport. I call 'em as I see 'em: this hotel earns its stars.

Room Tip: We prefer rooms closer to the front desk for our convenience - others might prefer to be farther fro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KCoff
BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear KCoff

Utica, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I wanted to comment on the excellent staff at this hotel. I returned from a trip to find my car buried in snow and dead. The hotel shuttle driver was very helpful and caring. He charged the car battery which was difficult because of the snow, helped clean off the car and get my bags in the car. It would have been impossible without him or I would have waited hours for AAA.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julia G
BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Julia G,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you folks stay with us.

We consider dedicated and competent staff members our most valuable asset. Our staff are always pleased to have thier efforts acknowledged.

NY
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times because of the proximity to the airport. In 2010 I left a negative review, but thought I'd try it again. My stay on Jan. 11 was just as bad as 2 years ago. The room was okay, but the restaurant was terrible, mostly the service. I went down to the restaurant about the time it opened. I sat there for 10 minutes before even being acknowledged by staff. Once during that 10 minutes, a restaurant employee walked out of the kitchen and right past me. She proceeded to assist someone that walked in after me, but never even mentioned that someone would be right with me. When a waiter finally came out there was no apology for the wait. I placed my order, but when I received it I had to send it back. I rarely do that in a restaurant, but the chicken breast in the sandwich I ordered was dry and way overcooked, to the point I could barely bite through it. I received another one that was much better. Another issue I had was with the waiter. People in the service industry, no matter what the job is, should be taught to not call customers "hun" or any other patronizing title. Last, but not least, as I was sitting in the dining room I could hear the staff back there dropping the f-bomb and burping very loudly. Come on, where is your common sense? I think Willy Degel needs to visit this restaurant and teach them a thing or two. I won't return. There are too many other hotel options in the area with airport transportation.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NemomNy
BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear NemomNy,

Thank you for your comments concerning your visist to our restaurant. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff has also be made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn the next time you are in Syracuse. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Scott Parody

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels