“Hoped it would have improved”

Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
NY
“Hoped it would have improved”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times because of the proximity to the airport. In 2010 I left a negative review, but thought I'd try it again. My stay on Jan. 11 was just as bad as 2 years ago. The room was okay, but the restaurant was terrible, mostly the service. I went down to the restaurant about the time it opened. I sat there for 10 minutes before even being acknowledged by staff. Once during that 10 minutes, a restaurant employee walked out of the kitchen and right past me. She proceeded to assist someone that walked in after me, but never even mentioned that someone would be right with me. When a waiter finally came out there was no apology for the wait. I placed my order, but when I received it I had to send it back. I rarely do that in a restaurant, but the chicken breast in the sandwich I ordered was dry and way overcooked, to the point I could barely bite through it. I received another one that was much better. Another issue I had was with the waiter. People in the service industry, no matter what the job is, should be taught to not call customers "hun" or any other patronizing title. Last, but not least, as I was sitting in the dining room I could hear the staff back there dropping the f-bomb and burping very loudly. Come on, where is your common sense? I think Willy Degel needs to visit this restaurant and teach them a thing or two. I won't return. There are too many other hotel options in the area with airport transportation.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NemomNy
BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear NemomNy,

Thank you for your comments concerning your visist to our restaurant. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff has also be made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn the next time you are in Syracuse. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Scott Parody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was a great value deal. The location was perfect, the bar/grill restuarant in the hotel had great food, and the shuttle to the airport was exactly as advertised. The staff were friendly and smiled all the time. The night I satyed was snowing, so staying so close to the airport was on target.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Jorge R,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our staff and hotel.

Your comments on our performance were most generous and shall be passed on to our front desk and restaurant staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated.

Best,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

In Syracuse, New York right outside the airport and check in. The pricing isnt good for a room with a queen size bed. I would pay a lot less for a room like this.Get in the room the telephone has green snot on the handle. The door has no secondary locking device. It has few commodities. Tv, alarm clock and coffee maker. I've paid less at other hotels and had more commodities including a mini fridge, microwave and safe. The tv has issues and has loud noise with screen distortions.

• Stayed January 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Awiseman1,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn. I appreciate your taking the time to review us and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests- the type of service we pride ourselves in.

Best,

Oneonta, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The only reason I'm giving this a 3 is because the location is great (right at the airport), and the breakfast was good (pretty normal). My room was VERY small as was the bathroom. It had a double bed and although there was some kind of mattress pad on the bed it was the most uncomfortable bed I've slept on in a long time. The walls are extemely thin to the adjoining rooms as well as the hallway- you hear a lot of talking, doors shutting, etc. There was also no way to leave the fan running so it kept turning on and off all night. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well at all!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Peggy M
Dear Peggy,

Thank you for notifying me about the problem with the mattress you experienced at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

My staff and I are taking steps to prevent this situation from occurring again in the future.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn the next time you are in Syracuse, NY. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

lakeland, fl
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We planned a trip from Florida to surprise my sister and her family for Christmas. We were to fly in to Syracuse on Christmas night arriving at 10:45 pm and a family member were suppose to pick us up at the airport. Unfortunately, they both got sick that day and were unable to come and get us, so we needed a hotel for Christmas night. I made reservations at this hotel two hour before our flight left, since it was the closest to the airport and they had a free shuttle service. I paid 99.00 plus tax.
First the pros for this hotel. Location, literally 2 minutes away from the airport. Fast shuttle service. I called once we had picked up our luggage and they were there within 5 minutes, good thing because it was freezing! The staff was pleasant and friendly. They offered a free continental breakfast, which offered waffles, pastries, juice, coffee, etc.
Now the cons: The rooms are in desperate need of updating. When we entered our room, the first thing you saw was that the bed skirts were half way off the bed. It really wasn't a big deal, but I couldn't imagine leaving a room like that once it had been cleaned. It just makes a funny first impression. The linens were so old that the fitted sheet no longer had its elastic, so every time you turned over the sheet came off. The pillows were simply hilarious. They had seen there better days many, many years ago. They were all misshaped balls. Probably the worst pillows I have ever had at any hotel. The walls were paper thin. We had people come into the room next to us at 1:00 am and turned their tv on and it was like they were in our room. You could literally hear them unzip their suitcase. I don't feel this hotel was worth more than 60 bucks, surely not 100.00.
It is definitely only a "location" hotel and no more, for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pstinson5
BWSAIGM, General Manager at Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Pstinson5

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your most recent stay at he Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn. As the General Manager, I am so disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,