“Great experience”

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Rochester, Minnesota
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Our room was beautiful - watch out Hilton and Marriott. Animals stay free and you'd never know there were animals in the room they clean so well. Thank you Red Roof Inn. Our room was roomy, and recently remodeled.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Syracuse Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope to see you again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hebrew first
Chesterland, Ohio
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nothing fancy here but had laminate floor and updated bath. The heat is electric radiant which heats up a little slow but no problem holding temperature. The thermostat is on the wall separate from the air conditioning unit. There was some noise with some trucks backing up at another hotel in the area but other than that it was quiet. Fast check in. Comfortable bed. Nice flat screen. Everything worked. We stayed on the side away from the highway so I don't know what the noise level is on that side. Denny's in the area right by the hotel and I think a Ruby Tuesday off the roundabout to Carrier Pkwy left on Old Collamer Rd. Those are the only two places to eat I could find in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on our recent renovations. We take our guests’ comments very seriously and share them with the staff. When guests like yourself take the time out of their busy schedules to give us such a positive response it helps to motivate the staff and shows that all their hard work does not go unnoticed. Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.
Wilton, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was very happy with this hotel. The rate was very appealing which made me worry a bit about what the room would be like. Much to my surprise the room was very nice. It had laminate floors instead of carpet. I've never seen this before but I really liked it. I felt like it was cleaner. The room was quite spacious and came with a refrigerator and microwave. The lady at the front desk was also very friendly. Another bonus is that it is basically right off I-90 which made it very easy to find. Overall I'd say this is a great deal. It has all the basic amenities you'd expect without having to pay a lot of money.

1 Thank CourtneyAlexis14
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review about your recent stay with us in Syracuse. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms, at reasonable rates to all of our customers. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and we do hope that you will visit us again soon.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I found this location to be convenient, clean and newly remodeled. I did have a discount coupon, which was not honored at check in. The manager told after a review on their personal site that I was in fact upgraded and given a discount. I did not ask for an upgrade and I was only given this room because it was empty at approximately 3:00 a.m.

The reason I am giving this a 3 rating is because they do not honor published coupon discounts.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We do have coupons out on the website, however they do have restrictions on them that are listed at the bottom of the coupon. They are based on availability, and not valid during special events. I am sorry that this was not available when you arrived at my inn.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Red Roof Inn..
Stayed 1/3. Very nice clean room. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water. Outside entry which was an issue during a snow storm as salt tracked into the room and left the floors chunky.

Very comfortable bed, clean sheets, 3 pillows on king size bed, flat screen TV but problems with volume control. HVAC had wall thermostat controlled heat and window style air. Some challenging parking due to storm and piled up snow. Check in with Nancy was OK.. We were quoted senior rate of 68 but used coupon to get for 50. Very clean and bright, but smallish room.. Liked it.. Joey’s Italian and Denny’s nearby.. Just of I-90. No breakfast. They have their own Red Roof Only hotel club so could not pile up any points,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for giving the Red Roof a try during your recent visit to Syracuse. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed our new bedding package, and the water pressure in your room. We always enjoy receiving feedback from our guests. We do hope that you will visit us again in the future.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I ended up in this place for one night on my way back home from Niagara Falls region!
The weather outside was terrible and our heater didn't work properly. When I asked the reception to get some one to take a look at it, the attendant just said there was no one to do that... She said I should just wait and it would work normally!
3 hours later I called the reception again to ask for an extra blanket because I didn't think the heater was enough. the receptionist was VERY rude saying that she told me on the check in how it worked... And she obviously didn't!
Well I won't be coming back and I hope none of my friends will either!

1 Thank Cassia F
I am very sorry to learn that your stay was not a pleasant one. First let me apologize for the heating issues and for my staff's behavior. I can assure you that this is not the norm for my inn. I am very disappointed to learn that they were not willing to assist you in any way, and I can assure you that this will be addressed. We do hope that you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this updated facility as I had stayed there five years ago and was quite disappointed. I did like to see that the floors were not carpeted as I always find carpet questionable in terms of cleanliness. The woman at the front desk was very welcoming and even called into the room to see that all was well. I did appreciate that as the weather made the last hour of my drive stressful. The motel is very close to the interstate and there is a Denny's as well as a good pizza take-out and a more upscale Italian restaurant very close by. Definitely I would recommend this as a comfortable, clean, reasonably priced and friendly overnight stop.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, as well as the renovations that were recently made to the inn. Our goal is that all of our guests will enjoy their stay as much as you did, and your feedback serves as inspiration for our staff. It shows them that their hard work has paid off, and to keep up the good work. We hope that you have a Fantastic New Year, and that you stop by to see us again soon.