“Convenient place to stop, comfortable beds”

Red Roof Inn Syracuse
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Coming back from Boston stopping in Syracuse broke the trip travel in half. With a border crossing in the mix we were able to sleep late and still cross the border before noon.
Check-in was fast. The beds were comfortable. The heater made an odd sound at times and the room had an odor near the bathroom but it wasn't a deal breaker. Check-out was fast and staff were all courteous.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay in Syracuse. We are pleased to know that the beds were comfortable, and that you enjoyed your stay. We do hope that you will visit us again in the futures.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Syracuse

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night at Red Roof Dec 18th. Paid $67 for a king room. The renovations are nice, the rooms look good. Check in was fast and easy. No deposit required. Bed was comfortable.
The problem is the heaters. They are old style heaters and feel like forever to heat up. The room was so so cold. My nose was literally frozen. Once the heaters start working I was sweating, but it takes a while. The guy working at the front desk told me to turn up the heater in increments every 5 minutes.
I wish that they could pre heat the room, I had called 3 hours prior and reserved the room with my visa.
That is the only problem I had.
This hotel has outside doors, so it makes the noise from the highway worse. I could sleep, but I'm not used to hearing trucks pass by. My advise, get a room closer to the check in side of the hotel, it's further from the highway.
Free wifi. Worked great.
Right off the highway so a great place to sleep while on a road trip. There is a Denny's right across the street where I'm going for breakfast. Cheers.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced with the heater in your room during your recent stay with us. We accommodate many guests on a daily basis, and strive to give each and every one of them a great experience. Therefore, comments like yours are not always nice to hear, but are necessary to help us improve our business. We do hope that you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Check in was easy, pleasant lady at the desk. Room was on 3rd floor had booked through Expedia not any cheaper than if I had booked through the hotel. room was cold and I had to call the desk to turn up the heat warmed up quickly. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. Bathroom had some rust in the tub. Great pizza place nearby cannot remember the name but family run and good Pizza. other places nearby Denny's and Dunkin donut. no coffee maker in the room but was told coffee available in the lobby. Cold coffee? Not fancy but for the price you cannot beat it. I had no problem. single lady.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

We strive to provide each and every guest with a clean room, great service, and at a good rate. We truly appreciate your feedback to help us to continue to improve, and to provide our guests with the best lodging needs that we can. Thank you again and we hope to see you future travels.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for a dog show that I was attending in Syracuse. I stayed there because they are a pet friendly hotel and the rooms are updated, very nice and comfortable. I was staying by myself and I felt completely safe. There is a person at the front desk 24 hours a day The rooms do have an outdoor entrance but they have both a dead bolt and another lock on the door. The main reason I am writing this review is to tout the staff. I unfortunately left my laptop in the room when I left. When I realized this when I got home I called the front desk and they assured me that my computer was there. They immediately mailed it to me and called me back to give me the tracking number. The staff went above and beyond what some other 5 star hotels that I have stayed in. There is also an amazing Italian restaurant next door that was an added benefit! I had the best sea bass that I have had in a long time. I will defiantly stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Elizabeth B
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. At Red Roof Inn we believe in providing an exceptional experience for all of our guests at a rate that affords excellent value. We constantly strive to represent our property in a manner that exceeds our guest’s expectations. Therefore, it is wonderful to know that we did just that for you. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff, and we do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We got a reservation at this "hotel" due to a recommendation from a friend who worked at Red Roof Inn at home. She promised us it would be great and it had great reviews on TripAdvisor. When we pulled up, my first thought was, they have outside doors to the rooms. As a woman, this is a problem for me. I didn't feel comfortable with the outside doors or outside windows. But since I had my husband with me, we decide to give it a try. After all, we had coupons for 40% off our rooms, which would drop the price to $35/night and I'm all for a good deal.

We went into the tiny and smelly lobby where the front desk clerk had just begun helping the gentleman in front of us. In the middle of his transaction the phone rang, she picked it up with a sweet "Front Desk how can I help you?" And then said "well I cain't do nuthin bout that!" Very rudely and loudly. I was shocked, so I thought she must be talking to a fellow employee. As the conversation went on, I came to realize this was actually a customer! I couldn't believe it.

At this time, I noticed my husband sneak out the door. I quickly followed, leaving my poor horrified staff behind (we were on a work trip). We decided to see if there were any other rooms that we could get, specifically at the Holiday Inn Express Airport, which we had stayed at before. Fortunately, they were able to accommodate us and we were out of there.

My staff finally came out of the lobby and informed us that there was dog show in town and the gentleman on the phone was complaining that the dogs were barking too loudly in the room next to his. This is what she couldn't "do nuthin bout."

Terrible!!!

Fortunately, Joey's Italian Dining was a block away and had great appetizers and cocktails!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JeannieHeath
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience that you had while coming to check in at my Hotel. I can assure you that this is not the norm for my inn. Our hotel was very busy this past week with the Dog Show in town, as we are one of the few hotels in the area that accepts pets with no fee. However, that does not excuse my staff's behavior. Comments like yours are not always nice to hear, but they do let us know where we need to improve. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and we do hope that you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This Red Roof Inn is easily accessible to the interstate and almost next door to a really good Italian restaurant. It has been recently renovated with wood floors and other amenities , was clean, and the front desk people were friendly and helpful. My wife and I will definitely stay here again on our way through New York State and would recommend it to others. We were also fortunate to obtain a good rate on this stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

The recent renovations are very exciting for us, and we are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations. Feedback like yours provides great incentives for the staff. It lets them know that their hard work is appreciated. We do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with this hotel. The rooms seemed to have been updated since a lot of the reviews here. We booked the room with King size bed and it was spacious enough...even had a desk area. We were staying there because we had an event at Syracuse University and it was a bit far from there but honestly, if you have a car it's fine - maybe a 10 minute drive. ALTHOUGH, if one of the hotels closer to the university were just as nice and cost the same, I would opt to stay closer (although I doubt they would cost the same). Bottom line: it's clean, value is great, and if you have a car, yes, I would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We love hearing from our guests. It provides essential feedback for us to learn where we are succeeding, and where we need to improve. We do hope that you will visit us again in the future.