“Almost perfect!”

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Ottawa, Ontario
“Almost perfect!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent price / quality! Very comfortable bed. My only complaint is with the bathtub. Water filled up to my calves when I took a shower as water wasn't evacuating properly.

Other than that, everything was fine! I would go back!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hole_Hole
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Comments from our guests always help to let us know what we are doing right, and what we need to improve upon. Therefore I am sorry to learn that the drain in your tub was slow during your recent stay with us. I can assure you that this will be addressed, and we do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hebrew first
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I generally stay within the Hilton chain, and having not stayed at a motel in years I wasn't really sure what to expect. The price was less than half that of the Hampton Inn (used coupon found in booklet at Thruway rest area) and was a really good value. Check-in was great - Cam was friendly and helpful. She explained that there is an automatic charge on the bill for $1.50 for the room safe, but if you don't use it they remove the charge upon check-out. She explained the heating system and the best way to use it and it worked wonderfully. The room was clean and comfortable, nice flat screen TV, sink outside the bathroom. I wasn't sure what amenities to expect (if any) and was pleased to find two bars of soap, a bottle of shampoo and a small pack of tissues. My son forgot his toothbrush and when I went to the lobby to ask about the nearest place to purchase one, they gave me one and offered toothpaste as well! There is also coffee and tea 24 hours a day in the lobby area.

Yes, the mattresses are not the cushy type and the bathroom is tiny, but if I wanted something more I would have paid the huge difference in price. Others have mentioned stains on the back side of the comforter and I did indeed find them on ours. Since this seems to be a common problem, it makes me think that it is actually a problem with either their washers or their dryers. The sheets were clean and that's what matters most.

I would not hesitate to recommend this motel for those keeping an eye on their budget.

Tip : We ate breakfast at a little place called Rise N Shine Diner. My husband spotted it and said he thought he saw a lot of locals there, so it must be good. He was right. It's very close to the motel and reasonably priced. Food and service were very good.

6393 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY 13206-1407
315-432-5510

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank october1055
We would like to Thank You for writing a positive review on your recent stay with us in Syracuse. It is always nice to know that our hard work pays off. I will be sure to share your comments with Cam and the rest of the team. On a positive note, we have just begun renovations. This will include the replacement of all bedding at the inn. So, we do hope that you will visit us again to experience all of our upgrades.
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I generally don't write reviews (my first hotel review), but their hospitality made me to write a review. To clear things, I booked a room for 1/18 instead of 1/19 by mistake. I didn't know about it. They refunded my money, and gave me a room at a discount. The room was great, and I don't have anything to complain about.

Really nice people. It's hard to find such people. I would highly recommend this hotel. There was no road noise. TV was great. The room was clean, and it was really clean.

Room Tip: First floor rooms that are not on the roads.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gmat w
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank You for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a wonderful review for our inn. At Red Roof Inn, your comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority, so I am pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of our staff. We do look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Vernon
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was on a business trip for a couple days and the red roof was the closest to me. Everything was great especially the staff! Jaime helped me for the time I stayed and she was so sweet and a wonderful worker...keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennnysvernon
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Red Roof Inn, Syracuse, NY. We enjoy hearing positive feedback from our guests, and sharing it with our team. It lets us know what we are doing well, and where we may need to improve. I wll be sure to share your comments with Jaime, and the rest of the team. We do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2012

So the front desk staff was pleasant but couldn't give me the coupon deal without me walking across the street to get the coupon not Wayne's idea. So Rez wanted $59 and Wayne offered the road marquee price of $52.99. We were placed in a relatively empty motel 50 yard from the I 90 . The noise was offensive. The room looked reasonably tidy but rolling the covers back to chi for bugs or fleas or stains ,we found three yellow pee stains one large one , very off putting but too late to cancel so we removed the cover and everything was then ok. The following morning we thought we would go for breakfast across the street at Denny's. There we found the hotel coupon book and found the days in was right across the parking lot at $45 , pet friendly , free wifi and free continental breakfast free long distance and local calls so chkd out RF and chk in days inn after inspecting the room thoroughly much roomier, cleaner, better TV more channels and hbo. And no road noise...... you decide how we felt.....

Room Tip: room 217 219 221 south side
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CPAIR1967
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our inn. I am very disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that this is not the norm for my inn, and it will be addressed with my staff. As for the coupon, it does have to be presented at the time of check in, in order for it to be honored. We do appreciate your feedback, as it lets us know what areas we need to improve upon. On a positive note, we are going to begin renovations to our inn late in January. We do hope that you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel was a last minute decision. Decided to stay over another night in Syracuse and not wanting an expensive hotel but yet wanting a nice, clean modern facility. That is exactly what
we received. Although it did not have interior corridors, the room was very clean, with a new
large flat screen, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. It was very quiet--no highway noise. It would have been nice if the room had had a hair blow dryer but otherwise it was well equipped.
The front desk staff checking in and checking out were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Check your room before officially checking in--make sure it is what you expe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Countykat
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We would like to Thank You for giving the Red Roof Inn is Syracuse a try during your last visit. We take pride in offering clean, comfortable rooms, with excellent service to all of our guests. Therefore, comments like yours are always a pleasure to hear. We do offer additional amenities, such as hair dryers, at the front desk upon request. We are also excited to announce that we will be upgrading our rooms in early 2013. We do hope that you will visit us again in the future, and give us some feedback on our new rooms. Happy Holidays!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 12, 2012

A little gem of a hotel! Was expecting average Red Roof service (dependably good) but was treated to a booking agent who was a wealth of knowledge on the Finger Lakes, an impeccably clean but basic room, and a serviceable base from which to tour the area. Access to I-81, 481 and 90 was a breeze. The king was comfortable. The price point could not be matched. Overall was a pleasant surprise and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SugarSammy
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. We really enjoy hearing what our customers have to say about us. It allows us to acknowledge our employees for a job well done, and also focus on the areas that may need improving. We do appreciate your business, and hope to see you again in the future.