“Great value!”

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
New York City, New York
“Great value!”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I'm a graduate of Syracuse University and I needed to come up to Syracuse for a meeting at the University, and needed a place for a one night stay. And while I could have stayed at the Sheraton on campus I thought it would be unnecessary to spend over $200 for a ONE night stay. Therefore, I chose the Red Roof Inn. For $60 incl tax you can't beat it. The University is about 15 mins away max. The hotel is clean and the rooms are nice. I usually stay at Starwood brand hotels but considering I just needed a place to stay for one night I chose to save my money. I definitely recommend this hotel. My only issue which is not the hotels fault is the difficult "roundabout" exit which is confusing and its hard to see the exit if you are not familiar with the area, which I am not as I do not live in upstate ny.
Again, this is a great hotel for a short stay on a budget.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank summertraveler2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Hebrew first
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed January 9, 2011

The room was clean enough -- the only thing I really noticed was that the bedspread was stained and it grossed me out enough that I slept without it. The room was spacious and very affordable (especially with AAA discount). Only other complaints would be that it borders the highway so lots of traffic noise, and to save $$ they turn off the (crappy and slow) heat and it literally took from a 10pm check-in until morning for the room to warm up.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank musicmaven22
NJ
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed 1 night during the Thanksgiving weekend with 2 service dogs. The room was clean and comfortable. Although we had to wait about 5 minutes while guests checked in before us, the service was fast and friendly. We had a great dinner with a group of friends at the Italian restaurant next door.
The only negative thing I can say is there is no coffe maker or hair dryer in the room although there is a safe, a refrigerator and a microwave.
We would definately return in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Summer41
Milford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2010

The hotel receptionist was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Some traffic noise but understandable due to it's convenience to the highway.
Will definitely stay there again when visiting my son.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank terrybyap
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I have stayed her multiple times while visiting family....just like a guest room, but you have time to get away from it all......Camille has always been more than helpful when I needed a room for my handicapped sister to be able to visit me without obstacles and helped me find the best rate available..Denny's is right across the street and Dunkin Donuts is walking distance away..I found a Chase Bank ATM within minutes and easy access to the the Thruway (I-90) Coffee available in the morning in the office...have stayed at 5 star hotels, but was never treated better than I am here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank nulungs95
CA
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This place was clean, comfy and cheap! 70/night was our grand total with taxes and a king-sized room. Very spacious. You have to go to Joey's restaurant (the top level) for some great Italian food. It's also like the only restaurant around. As a destination, Syracuse was boring, but it's perfect as a stopover when driving through New York. The staff here was awesome, too. Definitely the best hotel in the area. Free local and long-distance calls, too!!! That was helpful when booking the rest of our trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sedillo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We went to stay there September 28, 2010. The staff was very friendly and the rate quoted was very reasonable. When we got our room (which was supposed to be non-smoking) the smell of cigarette smoke was too strong for us to stay there. The staff offered us another room. When we opened the door, there was a cockroach. We killed and showed it to the staff. They offered as a free room for half of our party. Unfortunately perception is everything and my wife did not feel comfortable knowing there had been a roach in the room. We stayed at the Quality Inn for an additional $7 a night. It included breakfast and was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family