Jefferson Clinton Hotel
$149
$54
$96
$82
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Fitness center
$105
$97
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmade to order omeletsarmory squareomelet stationeuro roomchef chrisexecutive suiterubber duckhistoric hotelwithin walking distancelandmark theatervalet parkingfull kitchensmall kitchenettelocation was perfectcookie cuttersitting areabuffet breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I LOVED this hotel & miss it already!! I cannot imagine staying anywhere else the next time I visit Syracuse. I would absolutely LIVE there if I could.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank chelmat
hotelstuff101, Owner at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and we would love to have you come live with us. Thank you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2010

The staff at the Jefferson Clinton is proud that their hotel is listed on the register of Historic Hotels. They wear pins that says this, and each room contains a book of all of the historic hotels on the list. The down side to this is, there are a lot of antiquated features of the hotel that date back to it's older design - one small elevator, slightly uneven floors, a very long stairway that encircles the elevator (making for a long walk downstairs). If you like this antique charm, you'll love the Jefferson Clinton. For me, it was a bit of a turnoff.

The staff, however, is fantastic. I'm not much of a luxury traveler, but the staff at this hotel sure made me feel like I was. I've never seen a staff at any hotel or any other place of business work so hard to keep their customers happy.

As for location, I take points away for it being in Syracuse, but it's a decent location. Around the corner is a nice block of bars and restaurants, and it's a very short walk from the famous Dinosaur Barbecue. I wouldn't stray too far from either of these locations, however.

The free breakfast was pretty expansive. They always had 3 to 5 hot entrees, plus the normal muffins, pastries, cereals, oatmeal, tea, etc. And the omelet chef was a great plus too.

One last thing to note - their check-in time is 5pm and their check-out time is 2pm. The late check-in is very strange, and a few guests checking in before us were visibly agitated about this (I believe they had been waiting for a while until a room was ready for them, which you don't expect to have to do at 3:30 in the afternoon). The plus side was, on our last day, we grabbed a free movie from their DVD collection, a free microwave popcorn that they provide, and relaxed in the hotel until 2:00 watching a movie. It was a nice way to end the trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeTA
hotelstuff101, Owner at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2010

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your comments about our hotel. Thank you also for posting a picture and your kind note with it.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Lots of restaurants in the area and although downtown it is convenient to the hughways and shopping malls. Desk staff enjoy their job and are very conscientous. My daughter loved the fitness centre.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat999_10
hotelstuff101, Owner at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Dear Patt999 -

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post such a nice review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again.

Kind regards,
Managing Partner

Reviewed July 22, 2010

We booked here for a stop on the way home after a stay in NYC. Having read reviews on this site and looking at photos on the hotel's own site, we were convinced that this would be a good stop. We took advantage of the internet special on their site, making it more reasonable than booking on expedia or somewhere else. The hotel greeting was very pleasant, and we were upgraded to a larger suite when the woman at the front desk saw our kids. The suite was wonderfully-appointed, thoroughly modern, and there was little to quibble about. We were given a great recommendation for a restaurant to walk to, that was superlative (Pastabilities - the name worried us, but the place and food were amazing). The neighbourhood was interesting, for Syracuse, and we were totally impressed.... until some partying in the suite next to ours awoke us at 3 in the morning. The walls were surprisingly thin/uninsulated. We finally decided to call the front desk, and an end to the merriment came soon after. So, we were happy that they did something about the problem. The complimentary breakfast was great, too. In the end, we were very impressed with this gem in Syracuse, and it would have been perfect if not for our noisy neighbours.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 5gordons
JCHGM, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Hi Surprise in Syracuse- thank you for posting a review. If you wouldn't mind could you call us at the hotel and let us know what room you were in- I just want to look into the noise situation. I'm so sorry you were woken! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 17, 2010

After a long journey it was a pleasant suprise to reach my room, so spacious with lots of facilities it was more like a suite than a traditional hotel room, really reasonable rates too.

This would be great for longer stays, clean large room, superb staff and not too big as to be impersonal.

Well done to the hotel for creating such a great environment.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business