All reviews armory square omelet chef chris historic hotel presidential suite landmark theater full kitchen restaurants and bars valet parking extra towels location was perfect breakfast was delicious sitting area cookie cutter yogurt dinosaur bbq flat screen
Reviewed April 22, 2017

Went to see a show at the Landmark, on a whim book a room at last moment, a Double,great bed, an even Better Shower, Rain Head larger than 12", 2 Body sprays, Hand Held Thermostatic mixing valve best I seen in a Boutique Hotel. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast omelet made fresh. As a business owner in Syracuse I recommend this to our friends.

Room tip: Double small but very clean w/extra towels w/out asking Great Shower
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MFCSYR
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Dear MFCSYR,

Thank you for your review & for being a guest with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the shower & breakfast the next morning! I hope that we see you again soon!

Best Wishes,
Corrin

Reviewed April 16, 2017

We visited Syracuse for a weekend of shopping and relaxing. The location of this hotel was great for wandering to local restaraunts for dinner. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is old and has a few quirks that give it character. However, everything is clean. The one thing that I found very odd was that although our room had a microwave, full fridge and stove elements there was no cutlery, dishes or pots -- not an issue for us since we didn't want to cook anyway. Breakfast was good, especially the made to order omelets. We will return.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LastMango
JCHGM, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Dear LastMango,

Thank you so much for being our guest and leaving a review. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and our great Armory Square location. We have a large selection of kitchen items that we deliver upon request. Thank you for the kind mention of our staff- we appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2017

The best part about the hotel was the lobby and the staff. Very stylized lobby which gave me high hopes. There is a great breakfast with really nice staff who want to be of service. The rooms were middling at best. They had fixed them up, but the "bones" of it is an old hotel with new fixtures stuck in it. It did have a kitchenette, which was nice. The biggest problem was the elevator-very old, very small, very SLOW. If you have a higher floor room, good luck, allow extra time. The other thing I didn't like was the part of town did not feel safe to us. We were there on a college visit, and it just seemed...seedy. We left to go walk around to find dinner, and a lot of storefronts were dark, there were questionable characters lurking in the door fronts, and all in all it was creepy. We hadn't walked far when my daughter said, "Mom, I don't feel safe here." I agreed, and we turned back. There was a pizza place right across from the hotel, and we ate there and called it a night. During the late hours, I thought I heard gun shots, but hopefully it was a car backfiring or my imagination. All in all, looking out the window at night felt like a film noir, with abandoned, decrepit buildings, flashing neon signs and a low dark cloud ceiling. I think we just didn't care for the town in general, which colors my review. It wasn't awful but it wasn't great either. Again, the staff was very nice.

Room tip: try to avoid the slow elevator. First floor best.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly W

Dear Kelly W,

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving a review. We are happy to see you enjoyed breakfast and we appreciate your kind comments about our staff.
We are sad to see you didn't enjoy your trip to Syracuse.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2017

My friend and I stayed here while running the Syracuse half marathon the weekend of March 25- 26.
The location was excellent. Well within walking distance ( 10 - 15 minutes) of the Oncenter complex on State St. where the race began and ended and where the post race party took place. There are numerous restaurants even closer. It was easy to get to off either I 81 or I 690. The only thing to be aware of is that the tiny parking lot adjacent to the hotel is often full. Simply turn the corner and take advantage of the hotel's valet parking It only $7 a day.
The staff were very welcoming and friendly as well as being most helpful. They provided me with plastic utensils along with an emergency razor. One lady helped me get WiFi access after I was unable to do so.
The room we had was more than large enough for the two of us. It had a fridge, microwave and even a dishwasher but no room safe. A nice HD TV.
We stayed an extra night due to weather driving issues and were glad we did as they served a really great buffet breakfast included in the price of the room. Made to order omelets, scrambled eggs, toast, cereals and fresh fruit. Highly recommended! The only suggestion I might offer is that since they were one of the race's 'feature' hotel, they provide something for the runners Sunday morning. As the race started at 7:45am, the 7:30 breakfast start time ( 6:30 during the week ) was too late. If they could put out something like bagels, fresh fruit and yogurt, I'm sure that would be most appreciated!
Apparently, this considered an 'historic' hotel and they have done a really good job in maintaining it.
Finally, the room rate was excellent....

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2017

Dear OttawaDave,

Thank you for your recent stay with us for the Syracuse Half Marathon! I hope that you placed well! I am sorry to hear that you missed the grab and go items we put out for the runners. We tried to have granola bars, fresh fruit, yogurt and a few other items up before the runners started to leave but we must have missed you. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the buffet the next day though and hope that we are able to accommodate you again in the future.

Best Wishes,
Corrin

Reviewed April 3, 2017

A friend & I stayed here for a weekend getaway, and was thrilled with the service we received. From check in to check out, and every interaction in between, staff was quick to respond in a very courteous manner. The breakfast included was fantastic! There were plenty of small touches that I've never experienced before, and I'm looking forward to a return trip.

Room tip: We had an executive suite on the 10th floor, and the views of downtown were a treat.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Gretchh97,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and leaving such a nice review. We appreciate your kind comments. We are happy to see you enjoyed breakfast.
We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,