“perfect except no airport shuttle”

Jefferson Clinton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, TX
“perfect except no airport shuttle”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Gorgeous, renovated historical hotel with friendly, professional staff. The Euro room was perfect for a one night stay. The pillow top bed was the most comfortable hotel bed. No airport shuttle as advertised.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
JCHGM, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear DawnBett,

Thank you so much for being our guest and leaving feedback here on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry about our miscommunication regarding a shuttle. I appreciate your help in locating that mistake!
We hope to see you again soon.
Warm Regards,

Jamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Long Island, NY
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Amazing. This is a beautiful, quiet hotel. Our room had a full kitchen, free parking, buffet breakfast with omelet station, close to Syracuse Univ and helpful, friendly staff. Thanks to ?Bridget (her birthday is today!) for recommending Bittersweet around the corner to celebrate my birthday. It was perfect - awesome desserts, cute, fun place- thank you. Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Loveavacation48
SaroffB2, Front Office Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Loveavacation48,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing such a kind review here on TripAdvisor! I'm thrilled I had the pleasure of meeting you on your birthday and hope you had a great evening at Bittersweet. I appreciate you remembering it was my birthday as well!

We hope you come back and stay with us again very soon!

Bridget
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you are visiting or relocating to the Syracuse area then I highly recommend this hotel on both counts.

The number one aspect for me was the front office staff: extremely pleasant, professional, well trained and helpful with EVERYTHING from soup to nuts. Being new to the area I felt so very welcomed the first time I stayed there (short term) in July 2013 when I ran from the "crappy" hotel...and then in August I stayed longer as I relocated to the area for work and it felt like home. The suites are well appointed and there is a kitchen area with everything you need like home and if it isn't there, the staff will happily get it for you.

Awesome experience so I would highly recommend it for business travelers, families and I also saw quite a few wedding parties who stayed there during my stay.

Location excellent as there are so many great restaurants within a 5-8 min walking distance..

Must check out Lemon Grass and ask for Christian...and for good pizza - Nick's Tomatoe Pie....

Room Tip: if you are there for a weekend and need it to be really quiet pick a higher floor as the town gets b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SteveBusch, Owner at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Mariangela793 - Many thanks for returning as a guest of ours. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all of your kind words about hotel and staff. We look forward to being of service on your future visits to Syracuse. Kind regards, Steve
Amsterdam, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Upon arrival, my husband and I were notified that we would be upgraded to the Presidential Suite! Woo woo!!!! It was a beautiful room with a sitting area, big screen tv, kitchen, dining area & bedroom & full bath. The breakfast in the morning was good. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, yogurts, fruits, breads & bagels. You could have your own omelette made by the chef, too. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was great. Nice fitness room, too. The hotel is also near some excellent restaurants. I would recommend the Jefferson Clinton for your stay in Syracuse!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WillowMoon - Thank you for being a recent guest of ours and taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad that we were able to upgrade your suite upon arrival and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future. Regards, Steve
Valpo, IN
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Really loved our stay here. The lobby staff at check in, parking, BREAKFAST, and room were fantastic. The valet even offered to move his car for us in the attached parking lot knowing we were loaded with stuff for a Syracuse move-in. It's within walking distance to great restaurants, shops and bars. We will be back..... at least for four years!! Thank you to all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gailbri - Thank you for being a guest of ours recently. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your kind words on TripAdvisor. We look forward to being of service to you upon your future returns to Syracuse. With warm regards, Steve
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Service was excellent. Loved the location in Armory Square. Nice amenities. Would recommend to all my friends.will definitely return. Nice extras. Free breakfast buffet with home made omelets. Free parking. Lots og great restaurants in walking distance. Convenient to SU. (Go Orange)!

• Stayed August 2013
JCHGM, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Nan2124,

Thank you for your kinds words! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is so charming but has all the modern amenities you would want and expect. There is limited parking at the hotel, but if there is not a spot in their lot, they'll valet your car at no charge. The lobby area is really beautiful and not your typical cookie cutter hotel lobby. I was fortunate to stay on Tuesday when they have their weekly managers reception. The appetizers were hot and delicious - crab rangoons, baked brie - you could have made an entire dinner out of it. There was a good selection of beer, wine, and sodas too. Breakfast was delicious as well. The hotel also has a big selection of DVDs you can borrow to watch in your room (free). My room was very small, but had enough room for anything I needed. A nice desk to work, a very comfortable bed and a well appointed bathroom. The only complaint I had, and it's a very small one, is that there was not a luggage rack for me to put my suitcase on. This is a truly great hotel in a great location - Starbucks, botiques, great restaurants and bars all within walking distance. I hope I get a chance to stay here again!

Room Tip: If you want more room and a mini kitchen or kitchenette, be sure to ask. The standar rooms are quite...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kifranklin,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and leaving such a nice review here at Tripadvisor. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay in our Euro Room and that you were able to visit Armory Square. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,