“Great place for a weekend getaway”

Jefferson Clinton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairport, New York
“Great place for a weekend getaway”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Alot of great things about this hotel. The location is perfect for a night out on the town, many bars and restaurants are just outside the door. The rooms are beautiful, jetted tub, kitchenette, keurig, fireplace, and the bed was really comfortable. Evening lobby had live music and honor bar which was nice, the only thing I would suggest would be more mixers for the bar. Morning lobby had a great breakfast which is included in the room. The staff and their attention to detail is what really makes this hotel great. I emailed ahead of time that we had a celebration and would be arriving before the 5pm check in. They were able to check us in early and upgraded our room!!! Great service!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SaroffB2, Front Office Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear practicingvacation,

Thank you for being our guest and writing such a kind review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your upgraded suite and were able to enjoy the live music in our lobby. We will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff.

Please feel free to contact us for accommodations if your travels bring you back to Syracuse!

Best wishes,
Bridget

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Jefferson Clinton hotel is an old, traditional hotel with updated amenities and great service. The staff was wonderful and sought to be helpful and accommodating. The king room was a 2 room suite. The living area had a full kitchen (with a mini fridge), love seat, chair, and flat screen tv & dvr. There was another tv & dvr in the bedroom. The bathroom was spacious, closet is small but adequate for 2 for a weekend. The lobby had fruit, coffee, iced tea and ice water, newspapers, and DVDs available to take to the room. They also have bikes and helmets to borrow for free, as well as a free full breakfast. The rooms are also allergen-free with an air purifier. It is a great location in downtown Syracuse. Only suggestion is to add more mirrors in the room - perhaps one over the desk and a full-length door mirror.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear CNPH,

Thank you for your recent stay and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our complimentary amenities during your stay. Thank you for your suggestion for additional mirrors – we are looking to make that change immediately. We look forward to having you as a guest again!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I traveled to Syracuse for the first time on a business trip. I chose the Jefferson Clinton based on reviews on Trip Advisor and I couldn’t have been more pleased. They have complimentary valet, movies, breakfast, bikes and helmets and they will even deliver hot popped popcorn to your room free of charge. Everyone in the property went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable and hassle free.
The hotel is in a safe neighborhood and walking distance from many shops, restaurants and coffee shops. It also has a very lively weekend crowd with a lot of bars close by (but still very quiet). My room happened to be really small, but it was perfect for me with a large TV and AMAZING shower (best shower in any hotel I have ever been in).
If I ever make it back to Syracuse there is no doubt I will stay at the Jefferson Clinton again, their service was on par with every 5 star hotel I have ever stayed at. I was extremely impressed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steve B, Owner at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I wanted to personally thank you for being our guest. In addition, your kind words for our future guests to read are greatly appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to accommodating any future lodging needs you may have in Syracuse. Again, thank you and best wishes.
Steve
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Best service I've encountered. Took smallest room which was big with two rooms, king size bed, two TV's free DVDS with popcorn,games,etc. Full kitchen.. Parking included as well as free valet parking... Full good quality breakfast included. Coffee,tea,etc.and lemon and mint iced water available 24 hours. You take care of your own luggage and parking so you save on tips.

• Stayed June 2013
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear JWilb,

Thank you for being our recent guest and leaving such a nice review on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & all the extras included with your stay. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future!

NYC
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've now stayed in all three boutique hotels in Syracuse, and while they're all good, I found this one the best, notable especially for a high level of service. It's a historic property, modernized to good standards, with its own small surface parking lot directly accessible from the lobby. It's situated at the intersection of Jefferson and Clinton Sts. (duh), at the edge of Armory Square, the "cool" section of downtown Syracuse. This is the neighborhood where SU students and locals come to dine and drink, but the hotel is off-center enough that street noise was not a problem for me. I recently booked a block of rooms as part of a business meeting I was holding in Syracuse, and everyone in the group spoke highly of the place. The hotel goes out of its way to loan out useful things free of charge: laptops, DVDs, umbrellas, bike helmets, and so on. There's free fruit on the front counter, and an above-average buffet breakfast is included in the room charge. On my out through the lobby, carrying two bags, I found the breakfast buffet chef (maybe he was an owner?) leaving his post to hold the door for me. Nice place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear hoch_10,

Thank you so much for your kind review on TripAdvisor and for having your group stay with us while conducting business in Syracuse! I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

B'ham
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Outstanding hotel. It appears that the interior was recently renovated and it shows - understated and elegant. I was upgraded to a "suite" style room and could not have been happier with it. I was on the 2nd floor at a street corner, but the well-insulated windows did not allow any street noise to bother my sleep.

Afternoon snacks/reception was well done, with quality offerings. Breakfast was much better than the usual.

This will be my preferred hotel in Syracuse.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear REtraveler,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to partake in the evening social hour & breakfast in the morning. We look forward to having you as a guest again when you are in Syracuse!

New Hartford, NY
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were in town for our college reunion and wanted to stay somewhere close to all the activity of Armory Square. The Jefferson Clinton Hotel was the perfect location. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was! The hotel and rooms were quaint and clean! Every person that worked for the hotel was friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us and make our stay enjoyable. I highly recommend staying here and will stay here for any future visits to Syracuse!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SaroffB2, Front Office Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear franznm,

We hope you had a nice time at your reunion! The Armory Square district is certainly a great place to celebrate. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing such a kind review on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,