“A superb boutique hotel”

Jefferson Clinton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
GreenLeadersBronze level
NYC
“A superb boutique hotel”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've now stayed in all three boutique hotels in Syracuse, and while they're all good, I found this one the best, notable especially for a high level of service. It's a historic property, modernized to good standards, with its own small surface parking lot directly accessible from the lobby. It's situated at the intersection of Jefferson and Clinton Sts. (duh), at the edge of Armory Square, the "cool" section of downtown Syracuse. This is the neighborhood where SU students and locals come to dine and drink, but the hotel is off-center enough that street noise was not a problem for me. I recently booked a block of rooms as part of a business meeting I was holding in Syracuse, and everyone in the group spoke highly of the place. The hotel goes out of its way to loan out useful things free of charge: laptops, DVDs, umbrellas, bike helmets, and so on. There's free fruit on the front counter, and an above-average buffet breakfast is included in the room charge. On my out through the lobby, carrying two bags, I found the breakfast buffet chef (maybe he was an owner?) leaving his post to hold the door for me. Nice place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear hoch_10,

Thank you so much for your kind review on TripAdvisor and for having your group stay with us while conducting business in Syracuse! I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Corrin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
B'ham
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Outstanding hotel. It appears that the interior was recently renovated and it shows - understated and elegant. I was upgraded to a "suite" style room and could not have been happier with it. I was on the 2nd floor at a street corner, but the well-insulated windows did not allow any street noise to bother my sleep.

Afternoon snacks/reception was well done, with quality offerings. Breakfast was much better than the usual.

This will be my preferred hotel in Syracuse.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear REtraveler,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to partake in the evening social hour & breakfast in the morning. We look forward to having you as a guest again when you are in Syracuse!

Corrin
New Hartford, NY
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were in town for our college reunion and wanted to stay somewhere close to all the activity of Armory Square. The Jefferson Clinton Hotel was the perfect location. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was! The hotel and rooms were quaint and clean! Every person that worked for the hotel was friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us and make our stay enjoyable. I highly recommend staying here and will stay here for any future visits to Syracuse!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SaroffB2, Front Office Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear franznm,

We hope you had a nice time at your reunion! The Armory Square district is certainly a great place to celebrate. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing such a kind review on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Bridget
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have to say, there is not much that the Jefferson Clinton can to do improve its offering. Every single staffer is focused on customer service and one feels well taken care of upon arrival and with every encounter. The rooms, while a little bit dated, are very comfortable and well-appointed with excellent bedding, linens, pillows and towels (and those are the things that count). The hot breakfast in the morning (and overall selection and quality of breakfast foods) simply cannot be beat. Real orange juice! Other touches like the iced water bar and coffee in the lobby add to the general feeling of having everything one needs. This has to be the best hotel along the I-90 corridor in NY, period.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve B, Owner at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. We were delighted to have you as our guest and appreciate the kind words written about us. Thank you again and we look forward to accommodating your future lodging needs when visiting Syracuse. Warmest regards, Steve
virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is my second stay and I will continue to book here. The location can't be beat. The hotel is attractive and clean. The staff is attentive and helpful. Nice touches are a full breakfast included with the room and a complimentary happy hour.

• Stayed April 2013
SaroffB2, Front Office Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear jkcaramanica,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Tuesday night social hour. We hope your travels bring you our way again very soon.

Kind regards,
Bridget
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Jefferson Clinton is a quaint hotel in downtown Syracuse by the armory. There are many small shops and restaurants near by (Starbucks 1 block). I stayed in a smaller roomer my first stay which for one was not a probelm. The shower was a waterfall with two jets on the side. My second stay was in a suite with a full kitchen, living room and bedroom.

Full breakfast was included as well as a happy hour on Tuesday nights.

The gym was in the basement without windows. It included a teadmill, stationary bike and weight machine. The area was crampt, however it seemed to always be vacant when I went to workout.

All-in-all this is a very nice hotel, if you would like to be in downtown Syraucse.

During my travels to Syracuse, I've stayed at the Jefferson Clinton, Hotel Skyler, Crowne Plaza and Sheraton. Overall, my favorite hotel has to be the Sheraton. In terms of the hotel itself, I'd have to say the Jefferson Clinton and Hotel Skyler are by far the best. However, the Sheraton is located on the Syracuse University campus right off its main restaurant street and there is a Starbucks just outside the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Matt123460763,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope to have you as a guest again in the future!

Corrin Nicholas
Controller
Adams, NY
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We spent one evening at the Jefferson Clinton, again. We love this place & the people working there. Everyone is so friendly, helpful & attentive. They are very detail oriented... The rooms are so comfortable and cozy with everything you need. My favorite is the bathrooms--love the shower! Also, I love the individual omlettes they make for you in the morning. There is nothing more you could possibly need staying here--they are centrally located to the night life, restaurants, museum, shopping, etc... They have washing machines for people needing them with longer stays, DVD library, snacks, flat screen TV & nice toiletries! Thank you again, Jefferson Clinton for giving us another wonderful stay in your establishment.

Room Tip: We like the Euro Rooms-they are small but have great showers and we don't really spend a lot of...