“Stay with 1 year old twins”

Jefferson Clinton Hotel
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
GreenLeadersBronze level
Glosta
“Stay with 1 year old twins”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The staff were very polite and accomodating. I stayed in a large suite and was able to walk to nearby attractions, as well as have family visit us in our room (plenty of space). The only negative (for families or business travelers) is that this is a "downtown" hotel, so a lot of people book rooms on the weekend to party & be close to the bars. It was quite noisy both nights that I stayed, although the staff responded promptly when I called to make a complaint.
Overall, the room was accomodating and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here with my children again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
JCHGM, General Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Swason,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Syracuse and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and had plenty of room for visitors. Yes it can get a little hectic here on the weekends- we are glad to hear that your concerns were addressed promptly.
Warm Regards,
Jamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel this past weekend. It was amazing, no complaints. The staff were all wonderful. They gave us a free upgrade. There was no charge for parking. I have stayed in Syracuse many times at many different hotels, this was by far the best. This is were I will be staying from now on.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear LJH0909,

Thank you for being our guest this past weekend and for posting a review on TripAdvior! I am happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we will have the pleasure of having you as a guest again in the future!

Hector, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were in town for the "Taste of Syracuse" and decided that we wanted to spend the night. We found the Jefferson Clinton Hotel on tripadvisor...lots of strong reviews about service, comfort, and convenience. All of them were true and it was such a great stay that we added a second night. They were very professional but genuine and friendly, the room was great and cozy, and it is walking distance to a ton of shops, restaurants, and bars. Highly recommend it. Added bonus... FREE Valet Parking!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Scott20112011,

I am so happy that you found us on TripAdvisor and that you were able to enjoy your weekend in downtown for The Taste of Syracuse! We truly value all the comments that are left for future guests on TripAdvisor and make sure to share them with all the staff. Thank you so much for adding your comments and for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel for a family "get away" weekend. What a fantastic hotel! The previous reviewers were right on with the comfort and cleanliness of the hotel, the efficiency and friendliness of the staff, the great breakfast, movies and popcorn and all of the little extras that are too numerous to mention, but make this a fantastic value in accommodation in downtown Syracuse. It was great being so close to the Taste of Syracuse. Made for a wonderful evening! My only suggestion to the management is it might be time to replace those in room CD players with ipod docks! Keep doing what you are doing! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite had more that ample room for a family.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear TCHKing,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your review on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the festivities of The Taste of Syracuse during your visit. Thank you for your suggestion for the I-pod docks and your travel tip as well! We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Syracuse
Reviewed May 29, 2012

With friends coming in from out of town to celebrate some life events with us we needed a place for all of us to stay that was near dining and nightlife - Jefferson Clinton was the perfect choice. We could walk to everything - the Empire Brewing Company, the Dinosaur BBQ, Al's Wine and Whiskey. The Executive Suites were all well appointed, modern and clean. The Front Desk staff was friendly and helpful, valet parking was convenient and expeditious. We regret that our night of celebrating left us a bit too sleepy to partake in the omelets to order for breakfast - maybe next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Sealless99,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and your review on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your evening out with your friends without having to worry about driving from location to location. I am sorry to hear that you missed our breakfast - I hope that we are able to have you as a guest again soon so that you are able to enjoy our award winning breakfast!

New Jersey
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband, my son and I had a wonderful one night stay at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel. First of all I have to say thank you to the incredible staff. Everyone (and I mean everyone) was incredibly helpful, courteous and friendly. All questions were answered in a helpful and friendly manner. Every time we passed an employee we were greeted with a smile and a "Hello!". Their friendliness created an extremely congenial and comfortable atmosphere in the hotel.

The hotel itself is just beautifully maintained. It is a wonderful mix of the original architecture and many modern features. We had two huge rooms. The first room was a combination kitchen/dinette/office/living room. The kitchen had a fridge, microwave, dishwasher, cabinets and a dinette table and chairs. One corner of the room had a huge office desk and office type chair. The rest of the room was a living room with a sofa bed and flat screen tv. The bedroom had a queen bed, closet, clothes drawers, comfortable chair and another flat screen tv. The bathroom was spacious and had soft fluffy towels and luxurious soap and shampoo products. All rooms were extremely clean and well kept. As for parking, we were able to park our car in the side lot ourselves just outside the lobby and dining room. For breakfast, we enjoyed their great buffet.

The town is a wonderful mix of city and small town. There are many boutique shops to explore. There are also many restaurants. We had dinner at Pastabilities. It was very crowded but we only had a five minute wait for a table. My husband and son had pasta dishes and I had a grilled chicken salad which were all great. However, they bake their own bread and the make their own homemade fresh mozzarella and they are truly outstanding.

If you are staying in Syracuse, definitely stay at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel and check out Pastabilities!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the second floor right by the elevator. We did not hear the elevator at all...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Corrin N, Manager at Jefferson Clinton Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Angela M,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on TripAdvisor and for being our guests! We strive to make each guest feel like they are at home with us every stay, whether it be for 1 night or 1 month or in some cases a year! We also pass along each and every review for the staff to read so that they know what our guests are saying about us - I am sure that they will truely enjoy yours! I hope that the next time you come to Syracuse we are able to have you as a guest again.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have lived and worked in Syracuse my entire life, yet never stayed in the Jefferson Clinton. I drive by it almost every day because of its convenient location in the heart of downtown Syracuse. I have a lot of great relationships in this town w hotels due to planning events for my job but I'm going to have to say. This is the best hotel in the city of Syracuse. It's safe, secure, a dream location, they have an amazing complimentary breakfast, soft comfy and posh rooms, a service staff that is a dream! Plus if your a bride you will want to stay here- they brought up complimentary champagne, bride and groom rubber duckies, and a congratulations card. As maid of honor watching my best friend and beautiful bride beam up to receive this service warmed my heart! I'm telling you as a native... If your visiting Syracuse.. Book your stay here!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Kristenmel,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear that you and your friend enjoyed your time here and that we could be a part of her wedding memories! I hope that you are able to stay with us in the future and take full advantage of the amenities that we have available, including breakfast the next morning with made to order omelets!