“the ultimate mall”

and up
Shop and Play Destiny USA
Ranked #2 of 68 things to do in Syracuse
More attraction details
Owner description: Destiny USA is a 2.4 million square foot tourist destination in Syracuse, NY that includes a strong mix of luxury outlet tenants, restaurants and entertainment. New brands are continuing to open to create a unique and dynamic consumer shopping experience. A stunning three-story glass atrium provides perfect weather year round. Oxford Economics has projected an annual visitation rate of over 29 million visitors from throughout the U.S. and Canada. Destiny USA is expected to be the second most visited shopping center in the country, according to Travel and Leisure magazine. It is the largest LEED Gold certified retail commercial building in the world.
New Jersey
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“the ultimate mall”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Your head will spin. Great sculpture and art. Signage makes it easy to get around. Watch the folks above you trying the rope course! Good balance of shops for all price points. Enjoyed a meal at P.F. Chang and later watched the kids on the go-kart track. It was a good place to decompress after a long business day.

1 Thank jerseyjazz

• Arabic first
Rochester, New York
904 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 963 helpful votes
“Getting better every year”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stopped into Destiny Center last night, and I'm amazed at how they just keep improvig this lpace, making it bigger and better with each passing year. The lastest area to be improved is the massive addition which features an entire slate of new and REALLY good restaurants. You can now shop, dine, and play in this world-class center, with multiple first-class attractions in each category. Please go and enjoy this "mall," even if the drive is several hours. It is well worth the time and effort.

Sedona, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun Time”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My brother and I did the race track and thought it was awesome. We are in our 60's and forgot are age as soon as we hit the circuit. We were young teens having a race and we even each took the lead for a few laps.
Then my sister-in-law and I did the rope course. It was a well run operation and safe for us. We have awesome photos, thanks to my brother. played some arcade games be fore having a reasonable priced late lunch before we headed on our way. Most fun the 3 of us have shared in a while.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“It's Destined to be something better...”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The website had these amazing pictures of the mall and the store directory had a lot of stores that I wanted to visit. However, not all the stores were open yet, the website sure fooled me!

The mall is formerly known as Carousel Center Mall, and they have added a new section of this mall. The new part, looks really amazing, with its modern design, being very spacious, and lots of seating and washrooms being very clean. However once you cross into the original mall, it looks dated and boring. The worst is the food court, where it's just one big area with lackluster food choices and a dated carousel that plays the same music over, and over again.

The mall seems very confused, with the two sections feeling like two completely different worlds. The new side also has some pretty amazing dining restaurants, and lots of fun activities, the most eye-catching being the maze that is overhead. Hopefully there are plans to update the original part of the mall to bring the whole mall looking like a modern spacious shopping centre.

I would wait until this mall is completely renovated before heading there.

Buffalo, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Is "Destiny" Overrated??”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

With a name like "Destiny USA" you have to wonder if it's overrated. The marketing campaign is brilliant, and the people of Syracuse waited for decades with bated breath for it to open. But I found it to be similar to the Walden Galleria, with many of the same stores and restaurants. Some of the newer stores were not even open yet when we went in April 2013, and some of the mall was still under construction. The only unique things that set this mall apart are the activities--Wonderworks, with the world's largest indoor ropes course, and an indoor go kart track, to name a few. Those were fun, and make it worth your while to go, although a little pricey. On a side note, LaserTag is NOT the same thing as LaserTron.
Bring your crosstrainers! You will be doing a LOT of walking. I thought finding bathrooms were a little tricky, too. We went over Spring Break with the kids and the mall was not busy at all. I think it's a nice place to go walking and get out and do activities during cold weather. You could easily spend a day or two here. I'm not much of a shopper myself, but if you plan vacations around shopping, then I'm sure you would love this. We will probably be back for a visit in a few months, and I'm hoping more stores will be open.
I do think "Destiny" is overrated, but it's an interesting place to visit if you enjoy shopping.

Visited April 2013