“Certainly not good food”

Byblos Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #121 of 702 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

They have cooked falafel in bad oil. Worst ever. Salad was not kept hygienically. Probably cross contamination. Had to throw up after eating. The worst Mediterranean food we ever tried.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My friends and I tried this restaurant after watching an episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. While the restaurant lacks size, it makes up for it in quality food and very friendly service. If in Syracuse and craving Mediterranean at a good price, give Byblos a try.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Wow.

Again, another place we saw on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Tremendous flavour, fresh ingredients and could not have gone wrong getting the Assorted Meat Platter. Everything was delicious and it came with everything.

I wish there was a way I could order this more often. People in Syracuse have to know how lucky they are to be able to have this available.

1  Thank teamaaron
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family enjoyed everything we tried at Byblos. We ordered the vegetarian super sampler. The Fattoush was refreshing. The hummus, labneh, grape leaves and spanakopita were very good. The baba ganuj was probably the best I've ever had. The falafel was also excellent. My son enjoyed his gyro wrap. The baklava was to-die-for. We will be back!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

they set up a small tent near my workplace. I knew the menu would be limited, and that was fine. I selected a small portion of Baba Ganouj (which at $3 did not come with even a small piece of pita, you had to purchase it separately for 50cents!) When the young lady took the container out of the fridge, she handed it to me looking very embarassed, it was a 4 oz container. I quietly told the gentleman that it was a very small portion for $3 and he went into a very long and detailed tirade (with my coworker and other customers present) to me about the food cost of eggplant and the amount of labor that went into this dish. WHAT!!! And he wants people to come and walk several blocks to the actual restaurant?
My coworker then asks for a small portion of hummus, well guess what? He tells her he doesn't have a small, but he will sell her the large for the same price as a small????Right in front of me, wow!
I sent an e-mail to the address listed on their website and no reply to date........
I am not looking for anything for free, but a little "Customer Service" goes a long way and I will not be recommending this restaurant, there are many other good places to go in Syracuse that actually act like they care about their customer.
(And the worst part was I still bought the small container and he had nothing to be proud of with his product, average at best.)