All reviews leed platinum jewish temple stained glass treehouse suite unique hotel steel cut oatmeal marshall street su campus walking distance coffee maker in the room historic building free parking large windows first floor carrier dome king bed spacious rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2019

There was no carafe to heat water in the room. I am diabetic, I need to drink a lot of hot/warm water. The hotel didn't have any small electric carafe. I was told to go down to the lobby whenever I needed hot water. The handicap parking was not near the entrance. The nearest door to the handicap parking was for emergency exit. The staff (at the time new hired) was not trained. Avoid it if you can.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
WoodbineManager, Manager at Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. My apologies for not meeting your expectations. I'm not sure if it was a busy day that all the handicap parking directly in front of the building were all being used but we do have 3 spots directly our front of the building near the entrance to the building.
We are a GREEN property and do not have electric carafe in the guest rooms but do have 1 or 2 on hand for special request such as what you were looking for. I will use all the information you have informed us about to go over it with the new staff and how to be able to answer all the request of guest that need additional items when they arrive. Thank you again for all you feedback.

Reviewed May 29, 2019

The property is beautiful, and one-of-a-kind. We stayed in a treehouse suite and really loved the layout. The only issue with the room was the air conditioner wasn't really strong enough for the height of the ceilings/loft, and the room didn't have a microwave. Everything else about our stay was perfect. The front desk staff are friendly, eager, and professional. The bartender was great, and everything was clean!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2019

We had to stay here due to a medical procedure at Upstate. And it was a great choice, just blocks away. The hotel is different and the room was extremely comfortable. Not the quietest considering we could hear people walking all around upstairs. But otherwise no other noises were heard. The main lobby was nice, kind of gave me a European feeling. The Bar was good. I had to spend a lot of time there and have no regrets.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was priced right and located in the right place. The room was clean and well apportioned. Looks like it had been recently updated; bathroom especially. The lobby is beautiful and breakfast was as expected. Staff was very pleasant.

The only thing that didn’t allow me to give it a 5 stars is that I could hear whoever was in the room above mine walking around as the floor/ceiling creaked. Because more noticeable after bedtime; and it was loud. Chalk this up to being an old building, I’m guessing.

I’d recommend staying here.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Our second stay in this clean, pleasant hotel with great, helpful and pleasant front desk staff, wonderful and hearty breakfast and onsite parking.
The bathroom was large, upgraded and clean. Beds were comfy and lighting was good.
People above us were loud, we could hear every step. We were on second floor last stay, and that stay was very quiet.
Thank you!!