“Delightful Leed Platinum hotel next to Syracuse University”

Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is an example of a 21st Century boutique property. Everything about this hotel is magnificent. Hotels like this deserve the patronage of anyone who cares about the environment.

This was a former Jewish temple completely rebuilt on the inside using recycled wood and other products. Large rooms - all unique. Very cozy lobby you'll not want to leave.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Hotel Skyler while touring Syracuse University. The minute you walk in the door you are greeted by an inviting fireplace and seating area. Beautiful stained glass windows are behind check-in. The staff was competent and friendly and the coffee at the bar was great! Our room was clean, comfortable and eco-friendly. They deserve their LEED platinum rating. My daughter loved Syracuse University and I loved Hotel Skyler. We will be back in the fall and I am staying here whenever I come to visit her at SU.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed during a snowstorm and spent more time in the hotel as a result. The staff was warm and welcoming - particularly the bartender. With the fireplace, couches, and bar area all in an open area in the lobby, I felt like I was hanging out at a friend's house. It was an informal and relaxed atmosphere - not stuffy like some hotels. The rooms were lovely and the bed was REALLY comfortable! If my son gets accepted to SU, I would come back to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank khayes91
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've literally stayed at every hotel in Syracuse, and this one is my favorite: very funky; very cool. Great location for SU-related activities and Varsity Pizza. Staff is very friendly. I highly recommend the Skyler.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RobN14607
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I chose the hotel due to its TA rating and I have to say it's well warranted. The location is great and it was so easy (and inexpensive) to get around town from there. The hotel itself is gorgeous, I just loved my room. The bar is great too, a bit pricey by what seemed like Syracuse standards but right on target for what I'm used to paying in DC, plus the bartender was a total sweetie who chatted with us for a while. I love that the hotel has a emphasis on being eco-friendly and managed to repurpose such a cool building into a lodging space. I'll definitely stay here again next time I come to won.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Travelled to Syracuse earlier this week to take in an NCAA basketball game at the Carrier Dome. The Hotel Skyler looked like the place to stay based on what we saw. It's LEED certification (platinum level) only added to its cache!!
Happy to report that this hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. From it's street presence through to our room, it was crisp, clean and inviting. All of the staff were exceptionally pleasant, helpful and very welcoming. We checked into our room which was spacious, bright and meticulously clean, tidied up and walked to the game with time to spare for the 3:30 start. After the game we walked back to the hotel, enjoyed a glass of very palatable wine at the bar and made arrangements to dine downtown. We had planned to hire a cab but the hotel staff informed us that the hotel limo was available to take us to and from the restaurant of our choosing and yes, this was INCLUDED in our room rate. We then had the pleasure of meeting Bruce who was the driver that evening. Courteous and professional yet at the same time, very welcoming and in possession of a fine sense of humour. "Bruce from the Scuce", as we later learned, was also a great advocate for his city of Syracuse. Knowledgeable of both it's history and present, he made our drive truly enjoyable and really added to our evening.
The next morning I discovered that I had lost one of my gloves which was problematic as it was very cold and the drive north was scheduled to be blizzard like. When I called the front desk to ask if one had been found, the concierge mentioned that the described glove would be found on our room door handle. Unbelievable but there it was!!
All of this speaks to how satisfied we were with the Hotel Skyler but the other key point is that it was a fantastic deal. We stayed under the "Destiny USA" package so in addition to our king bedded room we enjoyed a $25 beverage/food credit (which more than covered our glasses of wine at the bar) and a $25 American Express shopping card good at many of the shopping establishments in/around Syracuse. This for the grand total of $129.00/night plus taxes. Fantastic!!
We plan to return and will definitely stay at the Skyler.

Room Tip: Noticed on the hotel website that you can choose your pillow type. Unfortunately, we forgot to ment...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debcole22
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Have stayed at hotel skylar three times while visiting my Syracuse University student. The cleanliness and comfort of this hotel are beyond compare ! Have never been disappointed. Staff extremely courteous...and has a nice bar !!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ParkviewManagement, Manager at Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Maryann N,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Hotel Skyler. We are pleased to hear you enjoy your stay while in Syracuse and look forward to your next visits.

Hotel Skyler