“Great Restaurant~”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Great Restaurant! Food is super and the staff are all so friendly and helpful! The pear and brie sandwich is absolutely amazing!

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I didn't think anything was special about this place except the home fries, those were amazing. Other than that don't bother.

I ordered a cheese burger and was incredibly dissapointed. If I wanted a pre formed frozen beef patty I could have gotten that in the freezer section in the grocery store! They served me a greasy pre frozen burger! Who does that anymore?! The burger was thin, the bun too big, and they don't even have pickles. My husband ordered the lentil soup and liked that but again, don't waste your time.

Also, it was cold that day and they sat us right by the door. Why would a resturant have tables by the door in the winter months in Syracuse, NY? Poor planning.

I wont be going here any time soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Sparky Town has courteous and responsive wait staff. Their menu has vegan and non-vegan choices to try, though it is a bit limited in selection. They have a rotating selection of beer and wine, and often bring in local acts to play Friday nights. Overall, a great addition to the local food scene in Syracuse!

Reviewed August 27, 2011

My kids (8+10) and I ate here for lunch while in Syracuse shopping based on Trip Advisor reviews. The children's milk and soy allergies make it tricky to find a yummy place to eat where the chefs can cater to their needs; we search out places that offer vegetarian and vegan options. Sparky's did not let us down. It was a bit tricky to find as it is off the main tourist shopping track and downtown but it's not far from the malls. we had easy parking, free on street.

I had a truly inspired lunch dish; herbed goat's cheese, kalamata olives, roasted garlic and multigrain flat bread crackers. It was amazing and a very large portion. One daughter is very picky and they made her grilled chicken, toast and raw carrots-she ate the whole thing. The other daughter had vegetarian chilli (no soy in it, yeah!) which she and I found very spicy but tasty. We could not eat it because of the spice and Sparky offered us something else to replace it. At that point, my daughter was just happy to finish off my lentil soup which I found a bit bland.

We topped off the meal with some vegan dessert options that were not on the menu as well as a sorbet. I had a rice milk cappuccino, first time ever as I can't tolerate cow dairy and I usually just drink espresso, but I found that coffee scrumptious.

Will be back next time we head to Syracuse.

1  Thank TimSonOttawa
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The ambiance in Sparky Town is very relaxing. They play wonderful music and the waitstaff are all cordial and convivial and very up and food knowledge. Our dinners were excellent and very affordable as well. Highly recommended.