“This was amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Al's Wine & Whiskey Lounge
Ranked #45 of 681 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Bar, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“This was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have been in the liquor service industry for the better part of 2 decades and this is possibly the most well rounded bar I have ever been to. It had everything, common items, rare items, it's for a true booze enthusiast. I only wish I had more time to spend there.

Visited April 2014

Syracuse, New York
“Friendly and knowledgable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

There are many bars in the area. You can get a beer and a Jack and Coke, but these people know what they are doing. We went during the low time because we are not fans of crowds. The Bartender asked what our tastes were and came up with drinks that were spot on.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
clearwater
“Amazing drinks and knowledgeable tenders”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had never been to Al's, mostly because of misconception. I didn't think a "Whiskey" place was my scene. I'm a martini girl... little did I know this is exactly the kind of place I want to go. My sister goes there all the time with her husband and their friends and said I should give it a chance (I was with her on this outing). We sat outside once we got a table, but I wouldn't have minded staying inside if it wasn't nice out. THe bartenders were very professional and knowledgeable. We decided to take a risk and let him create a drink for us because we saw hibiscus liquor on the shelf and found that intriguing. he whipped up something fabulous. He knew what flavor profiles would compliment it even though he said he hadn't made a drink with it before. The girl next to us ordered the same thing because she saw ours and how much we were enjoying them. THe fact that the tender could just create that on the fly with such an odd liquor makes me wonder what other amazing drinks I could have. I will def be back next time I'm in town!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stephijoy
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Awesome bar with old school style of service. Looks like something out of the 20's with a bit of a hipster charm. Amazing selection of whiskey that is unmatched. Great bands on wedesdays. Usually a decent crowd and good location downtown. Can't go wrong!

Visited August 2013
Cleveland
“Excellent adult spot in Armory Square!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great bar focused on the enjoyment of a good drink. Does not cater to children - 21 and over. Superb hospitality provided by the general manager Jamie. Truly is a wine and whiskey lounge (beer, too!).

• Visited August 2013