“Luscious buffet, great flavors, exceptional friendly service”
Review of Dosa Grill

Dosa Grill
Ranked #48 of 692 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Just opened
Description: Just opened
Reviewed September 24, 2013

A family meal on a sunday...great buffet with soup , salad, appetizers, entrees, dessert...the fare has some spice, some curry, tandoori chicken, vegetarian offerings...but appears to be authentic to the Indians/Pakistanis that are eating there. many students as well as families. All you can eat, very attentive, friendly wait staff....Our 2nd or 3rd trip here as well as several trips to their place in Utica NY...always tasty , hot and variety

There are newer reviews for Dosa Grill

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Dosa since they opened. Still our favorite. Sunday buffEt is outstanding. Tandoori chicken was tender, the Dosa was crisp and flavorful, the naan was soft and fluffy. I loved the zucchini Masala. Service always with a smile, if something is requested, it is taken care of quickly !

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Are you prepared for lunch to turn into an ambulance ride to the Emergency Department? If you have a food allergy you better get your epi-pen ready before you go to dine at Dosa. Make sure you've got your health insurance card... and your phone to call 911...
Indian food is my favorite! Pickings are slim in Syracuse and I was so excited when Dosa Grill came to town. Since its opening we have eaten there on a very regular basis.
Its not the greatest food, but the dosas are special. The service friendly. I went there often-- sometimes weekly-- because, as I said...I love Indian food.
My twin daughters have a life threatening nut allergy. We love to eat out but are very, very careful in restaurants. For twenty years we have avoided trouble. But their lives are essentially in the hands of the restaurant establishment -- which, as in this case, can be very scary. We need to trust that they understand and take our issue seriously. And it is for this reason that we always ask. We ask... over and over and over again... about the inclusion of nuts. We explain the allergy. We explain the consequences. We act it out...clutching our throats and collapsing on the table. We go through every food item-- when we order, and again when it arrives at the table. Sometimes we involve the manager.
Our last experience ( and I mean our last!) at Dosa involved a sauce that apparently had cashew in it. We asked when we ordered. We asked when the food arrived. We asked again when they started to have trouble breathing. We sent the waiter to the kitchen three times to check with the chef. Each time he returned and said there were absolutely no nuts in the food. My daughters were getting increasingly symptomatic, uncomfortable and frightened. On the third trip, following my mounting anger and increasingly loud and demonstrative expression of distress, he returned and said sheepishly that --"possibly" there was "a very little bit of cashew" in the sauce. A very little bit? Seriously? My feeling is that when you say you have a life-threatening allergy to a certain food, the restaurant should not serve it to you -- either out of carelessness or by trying to sneak "a little bit" of that food past you...We immediately left the restaurant, got on the road, heading in the direction of the hospital. We did not make it. I had to pull off the road, use the epipens, call 911. Fortunately I am a physician, though being one could not prevent either of my daughters from having full blown anaphylaxis. Two ambulances to the ER! Eight thousand dollars in medical bills later, my girls are traumatized but thankfully, ok. An expensive lunch in many ways.

1  Thank TruestStory
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Love going there for the buffet! Had some takeout food from there which was equally good. The only complaint I have is that it is far from my home in Liverpool!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have been going to Dosa Grill for a while and there's a reason it's been voted as the #1 Indian Restaurant in Syracuse.
We ordered Tandoori Shrimp, Madras Chicken, Mango Chicken, Chicken Byriani, Dosa.
All were VERY good. My kids enjoyed the food as well. Try the sweet Naan with coconut--it is addictive.
The owner gave my kids complimentary Mango Lassis (yogurt drinks) which were awesome!
Service exceptional, as we are asked if we liked it, if we need anything and filled water all the time. Not annoying but attentive!
We ate a lot--too much for us 4, so we brought home for a second meal!! This was $74 for all the apps, a soup and those dishes. We could have had 2 main dishes for us 4 and it would have been enough and the check would have been very reasonable...we just ordered a lot.
Excellent--Recommended!