“Stayed, but didn't enjoy it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of John Milton Inn

John Milton Inn
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Chicago, Illinois
“Stayed, but didn't enjoy it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I had to find a motel room to spend the night on a limb, because I spent the entire day driving and made it from Chicago to Syracuse, NY in one day, to continue the rest of my trip the next day. It turns out that there was a school game in the area and most places were already booked. This one was the only place that had vacancy. Reserved a room over the phone. Upon arrival, it looked alright, until getting settled in. I heard a fight going on in one of the rooms on the ground floor (outside entrance to the rooms), mine was upstairs inside the building. I felt like I was in a questionable area in fear of what might happen to my car, which is a 2006 Ford Mustang. My rims had rim spinners on them, and I took them off in thoughts that they might get ripped off overnight. The room I stayed in had broken air conditioning, the window was cracked, the beds were very uncomfortable. My car was fine the next day, the WiFi sorta worked, and the guy behind the counter was nice enough to point out to me they had a coupon in the local pamphlet and took off a couple of bucks for me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Mike S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hoboken, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed here a few years ago and this place was absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. It's in a shady area and the hotel is even shadier. There seemed to be drug activity at the hotel and definitely a few rooms that were being used as high school alcohol parties. The mattress pads were lined with plastic. I don't even want to know why, but there can't be a good reason. The place was overall just filthy.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank BobAdams111

Travelers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Santo Domingo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This was the cheapest inn I found in this area, it is a great location surrounded by other inns, hotels and restaurants. The area is safe and close to Syracuse University. The inn is not very luxurious, it has only the basics yet it is clean and comfortable. I would strongly recommend it if you are simply looking for a safe and convenient stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Pizaca
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

This place is horrible. There appeared to be a drug deal happenning as we drove up to the hotel. All sorts of trashy people were hanging outside in front of the rooms, some in their underwear! Many of the doors were open. Some people were grilling in front of their rooms! We did not even stop, but drove to comfort inn, where we were not concerned our safety! When i called cheap0stay, they stated they could not help me with a refund and i should re-read the booking policy!

What a nice picture they post for this "hotel" this place is a scam and should be shut down. I wonder how many other complaints they get about this "brothel" but continue to list it to make $$ on unsuspecting customers!!!!

This will be reported to the better business bureau! And shame on the syracuse police for not shutting it down!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank pghseth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Syracuse
Red Roof Inn Syracuse
#22 of 32 in Syracuse
3.5 of 5 stars 257 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites East Syracuse
Courtyard Syracuse Carrier Circle

Been to John Milton Inn? Share your experiences!