Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Nice hotel, only a few years old. A/C worked well, everything was clean. Room was so large, the TV could have been a little bigger because of the distance from the bed. But that is a minor issue. Not a great area, but we didn't feel unsafe. We were in town Aug 23-24 for the NY State Fair. The hotel is fairly close to the Syracuse campus. In fact the hotel was full of folks in town to move their kids in for fall semester. Indoor pool and hot tub was nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We truly value all the comments that are left for future guests on TripAdvisor and make sure to share them with all the staff. Thank you so much for adding your comments and for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Madison GA
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is definitely the largest room we've had this trip. The desk area was quite impressive. The room was well designed, quiet and comfortable. I was a bit surprised to find that the duvet was heavier than in other Hampton Inns; I'd suggest going to the lighter weight for guest comfort. The lighter weight provides ample warmth. The evening cookies were good as was the breakfast. All of the staff were pleasant, professional and efficient. The breakfast area can lights were blinking but they are planning to get them fixed. It just happened to be a rainy morning making it more noticeable. Always appreciate a room with no odor at all.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to try a handicapped room. I prefer upper floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled to hear Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse exceeded your expectations. We are happy to know you had a fabulous stay with us while visiting Syracuse and are excited for your future stays with us.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2013

All of the recent reviews here seemed positive, unfortunately, my experience was a different one. Yes, this hotel is difficult to find, tucked off of the road, behind a Chuck E Cheese. The hotel is gorgeous to look at, inside at out. The clerk who handled our check-in was very friendly, pointing out fresh cookies for us to enjoy. A spacious lobby and breakfast area were beautiful and obviously new. The pool and fitness area looked inviting, though we never got to use them. Problem started when we reached our room. For whatever reason, our fourth floor room smelled extremely musty. Initially, we laid down and tried to go to sleep, but decided that, if we stayed there, we would be terribly sick by morning. We left - without charge. Of course, the clerk at the desk offered another room, but we decided it would be better to just leave rather than chance a similar experience.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you decide to stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheBooey
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant smell encountered during your stay. We understand that travel is very important and try to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Cristina Butler
Sales Manager
315-373-0333 ext 502
Stittsville
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went down for a shopping spree and stayed at this hotel as it's close to some really good restaurants ( within walking distance), shopping and isn't downtown. Everything was good, check in, cleanliness, etc. until we went to bed. We heard a dripping sound all night and assumed it was the air. Didn't want to wake the kids, so we listened to it. The next morning we were very surprised to find that the ceiling leaked all night over the desk. We were fortunate that our personal belongings weren't ruined ( a toiletry bag was soaked, nothing damaged though).
I brought it to the attention of the front desk clerk the next morning and she apologized numerous times and told me to come back after we had breakfast and she would give me my new bill. I was expecting maybe a few dollars off. To my surprise, our room was free. Again, the front desk clerk apologized, asked if there was anything else she could do! What service :)
We would stay there again as it has everything we want close by.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate our guests feedback and comments to ensure our guests stays are enjoyable and comfortable. I am so sorry to hear there was an issue with your room, but I am happy to hear the front desk made you more comfortable and were able to make you happy. We will see you again soon.
Hawthorne, New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We chose this location for the ease of getting to/from the New York State Fair. It was very accessible to Route 690 which brings you directly to the fairgrounds. After all that walking, the beds were tremendous and the overall experience was excellent. We'll definitely be back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are thrilled to hear Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse exceeded your expectations. We are happy to know you had a fabulous stay with us while visiting Syracuse and are excited to see you return August 2014.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am a diamond member of Hilton, so I stay at a lot of their properties. I stayed in a King Non Smoking. The room and the bathroom were spacious (TV seemed kind of small for the rest of the room, though), and the entire hotel looked newly renovated, fresh paint, new carpet, etc. The breakfast area was large, unlike all of the Hamptons, and it was nice to have some room in the morning.
There is a light IN the shower, which is nice (I hate it when the shower area is dark).
Staff at desk was very helpful, even went in the back and got me a glass of milk from the pantry in the evening.
The only thing is, keep your eyes peeled when you are looking for the hotel. I almost passed it, had to slam on my brakes (thankfully, there was no one in back of me).
It is right next to Chuck E Cheese, all the way set back from the road.
Also, the area made me a little nervous, being a woman traveling alone.
But I did not go out of the hotel once I checked in, so I guess no big deal.
Seemed like a run down area.
Otherwise, I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a large room with a full size refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating and overall the hotel was clean. Some of the furnishings are in need of replacing, but it is still well worth the money. I will certainly not hesitate in returning to this location during our next shopping excursion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, September 4, 2013