“Comfortable Stay, inexpensive and Convenient Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This Hampton is is fairly new and nicely decorated. It is a bit tricky to find, the hotel is in a flag lot and long driveway is located just past Chucky Cheese on west bound side of Erie Blvd. It is about 3-4 miles from Syracuse University, about 8-10 miles from the absolutely huge and newly expanded "Destiny USA" mall which is an experience in itself. About 8-10 miles from the Amtrak station (next to the mall) and more like 15 miles from the Airport. The lobby is spacious and bright with sunlight with nice sitting area and modern gas fireplace. It is just off route 691 and about 5 miles off route 81. Of course as always ad Hamptons there is complimentary breakfast everyday. Hotel can get booked up so I suggest making revervations well in advance if you plan to be in the Area. I have stayed hear 5-6 times and always been pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Road_warriorXTRM
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

We are thrilled to hear Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse exceeded your expectations. We are happy to know you had a fabulous stay with us while visiting Syracuse and we are happy you continue to come back again and again.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The room and beds were comfortable and the room was quiet and clean. The primary negative we had was a lack of breakfast items, particularly low on fresh fruit.

Several Hamptons we've stayed in recently seem to have issues with the heating and cooling systems working properly, seems like something which needs to be reviewed at the corporate level.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate our guests feedback and comments to ensure our guests stays are enjoyable and comfortable.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

On a previous review I wrote about my being booked at the wrong hotel so when we arrived here I was relieved- finally the hotel from all the pictures!. There were restaurants ( red lobster a rocks throw away), street lights, and the hotel was really nice.

When we arrived the girls were friendly and since we had no reservation booked they helped get us into a room with very little difficulty.

There was fresh coffee, tea in the lobby, the dining area for breakfast & snack was clean, bright and welcoming. The pool area was small and there was a birthday party being set up so seeing as how we were exhausted from a 7 hour drive, a hotel mix up on the other side of town, we just wanted to eat and relax.

The room was super clean. The beds were Queen Sized. Our fridge didn't work which sucked because we wanted to have water and snacks kept cold and expected the fridge to work.
The beds were comfortable and so clean. Really I want to emphasize this point. They were really clean.

The hotel is 100% smoke free and you can tell. Its bright, clean, warm. The pool was full of kids and it was noisy and we went down at 9:45pm hoping that the kids would have left, but no such luck so we missed out on the pool. :(

The shower was nice and the water pressure fine. The bathroom is spacious and the room itself is a good size. You could really have a nice long weekend vacation here and get the rest you are looking for.

The really down side was that the toilet stopped working at 11pm. We used it once and then it stopped working. It ran water ALL NIGHT! You cannot imagine how loud and annoying it is to hear water running all night. I tookt he toilet lid off and tried to make the water stop but it wouldn't so I ended up awake most of the night because it was so loud and there is this part of you that is just waiting for it to stop so its like you can't relax. I would have called for assistance but my mom had already fallen asleep and was on the far side of the room and her hearing is a little off so she just slept through it. I had been driving for 7 hours, had a all day conference to go to and then a 6 hour drive back. I was EXHAUSTED! The girl at the desk was like 9 months pregnant and I didn't want to call for help at 11pm and have somebody come in a wake up my mom, so I just waited until my body was so tired that I fell asleep.
The next morning I told the guy at the counter that this was really a problem and he was like, would you say it affected your stay? I said um YEAH, I didn't get any sleep. He said that there was nobody there to deal with the matter but that someone would get in touch with me since they have a satisfaction guarenteed policy. I told him he may want to shut the water off because the water bill alone would be rather high by that point. He didn't appear bothered. I never heard form anyone and I will have to wait until the credit card bill comes in to see if we were compensated or not.

The breakfast was fine- good, no complaints. All in all the hotel was really nice. It just would have been relaxing if not for the above issues. The biggest problem was that their toilets appear to be a problem. I saw on this site that other people had indicated the same problem. I wonder if its something they should investigate further.

Anyways I would go back--- depending on the outcome of this matter, however I don't plan to return to Syracuse as it was quite far for a conference and I spent most of it falling alseep due to not sleeping the night before.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I am so sorry to hear your visit was not exceptional. We could have gotten maintenance to your room or gladly switched your room so that you could have enjoyed a good night's sleep, my apologies if that was not offered to you once you brought it to the attention of the front desk staff.
I would like to thank you for your constructive comments about the hotel and the staff. Please know your concern has been passed on to the department managers to raise awareness of the issue.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Making reservation over the phone ... front desk person was NOT friendly at all.

Heating/Cooling system ... fan would not stay on. Perhaps you have made it that way on purpose but I have not experienced this at any other Hampton Hotel. During the night, we could not have the fan running.

Hotel staff ... could not print map in business centre and staff was reluctant to check into it. Staff gave me email address to send map link to and did print map for me but it seemed like an imposition.

Hotel front desk staff ... complaining about their job to each other (something about another employee as well) ... made me think things were not going well.

Complimentary breakfast ... always out of items 30 minutes before it ends. Always have to ask them for milk etc since they don't check themselves.

Lost and found ... we fogot a cable to charge an ipod in the room when we checked-out on Sunday March 17. I emailed the address given to me (hamptoninnsyracuse@gmail.com) to ask about the cable later that Sunday but did not hear back. I called yesterday (Wednesday) and spoke with a front desk person but have not heard back after leaving both email and phone number (it is now Thursday at 11:45am).

-Daniel Quinlan

Room Tip: Check to see if fan is working in the rrom before completing check-in ... ours didn't work.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

First, thank you for taking the time to give a review of your past stay. I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay with us was disappointing. I know the general manager has reached out to you, and I am happy to inform you that your i-pod charger is on it's way.We appreciate this information and will use it to better improve the quality of stay for our future guests. Feel free to contact me if there is anything more we can do.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I cannot say enough nice things about the staff and their attitudes! From the front desk to the man and woman keeping breakfast stocked to the man taking care of the filling the coffee. Pleasant and helpful and smiling. Easy to ask directions and questions! I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what room, you can literally walk to Red Lobster and a few other restaurants incl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I will absolutely pass the compliments on to our staff. We look forward to you coming back into town and staying with us again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hampton for a weekend getaway. As my son is a wheelchair user and we had booked an accessible suite online. Reception and breakfast room staff were very friendly and accommodating. Although we didn't use it, we loved the fact that the pool had a pool access chair for disabled individuals. Our suite was very large and included a mini-fridge and microwave. Very quiet even though two buses of students were also staying here at the same time. Easy to find off the interstate. Would definitely stay again.

1  Thank Nicole030
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

We truly value all the comments that are left for future guests on TripAdvisor and make sure to share them with all the staff. Thank you so much for adding your comments and for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night this past weekend. We made our reservations on-line and when we arrived our rooms were ready. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
The room was quiet and the bed was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included with the room rate and there was a fair selection...omlets, waffles, pastries, fruit, yogurt. A good value.
We agree with the comments about the hotel being hidden...you will likely end up at ChuckyCheese, the hotel is the following entrance!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sazzycat27
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for being our guest this past weekend and for posting a review on TripAdvisor ! I am happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we will have the pleasure of having you as a guest again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Syracuse
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
#4 of 31 in Syracuse
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel
#14 of 31 in Syracuse

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690? Share your experiences!