Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Dover Plains, New York, United States
“Very Nice”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here in August 2012 and found it to be very nice, room was super clean, coffee was on hand 24/7 which was great for us road warriors, we will stay here again without a doubt when we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark C
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We truly value all the comments that are left for future guests on TripAdvisor and make sure to share them with all the staff. Thank you so much for adding your comments and for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed for just one night. The only real issue was actually finding it. Turn off is on a very busy road with a very small sign. Room and service were both good as i have come to expect from Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank f2f1993
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate our guests feedback and comments to ensure our guests stays are enjoyable and comfortable.
Cork
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in late November and found the hotel to be better than expected. Never having stayed with this chain before I was unsure of the level of service etc that would be offered - I was very pleasantly surprised! Despite having to circle around once because we missed the turn off (as others have mentioned, signage from the main road is an issue) when we arrived we found our room to be spacious, very clean and not lacking anything, the requested pack-and-play crib was great too. We used the (small) pool and were able to grab a quick breakfast the next morning before continuing our journey.
The location outside the city centre suited us as we were in transit but if I were staying for a few days, I would prefer a more centrally located hotel.
All in all I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CMCCork
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Comment: Usually stay at Carrier Circle and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Erie Blvd location. I forgot a very pricey electronic device in my room after checkout and received it back after rushing back from the airport. I'll be staying at this location from now on on my monthly visits to Syracuse. Thanks Hampton!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel the staff are very helpful and smart, We stayed two nights and the sign for the hotel is a joke and this is a very busy street and Saturday night the light on the sign was not on and that was at 9 pm. The hotel needs a new much Larger sign that has a light.This is a dirty deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We are thrilled to hear Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse exceeded your expectations. We are happy to know you had a fabulous stay with us while visiting Syracuse and are excited for your future stays with us. I do apologize for the signage, and I did pass your comments on to our General Manager.
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am a very picky person when it comes to hotel stays, and I have stayed in quite a few different hotels in various parts of the eastern part of the US. This hotel was very clean, and comfortable with little that I could find wrong with the room itself. We stayed for Thanksgiving holiday for an event at the Carrier Dome. Firstly, the hotel was hard to find (as others have said), the room was clean, and I did find my coffee maker was very dirty but it was replaced quickly. I must say that although MOST of the hotel staff was friendly, mangement needs to take heed on how much staff is on duty from say 5pm until 5am and how well they are trained. I did find the pool and fitness areas a bit lacking and the room took quite a long while to get heated and stay that way but the breakfast they did serve was average for the amount of money that was charged. My only real problem was the kind of area menus that were offered and then choosing probably the WORST meal that I have ever paid money for while away from home. Lastly, I would tell anyone that this place is an above average stay and I would choose Hampton Inn & Suites again. From Westchester, NY

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I consider myself picky when it comes to Hotels and the cleanliness of them. This place exceeded my expectations at this cost level. We stayed here for some Black Friday shopping and the location is great and right between two of the bigger malls, so lots of shopping nearby. Beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I hope the manager of this location recognizes the employees hard work.
Although I forgot my Black Light to check the room, the place did seem very clean. The room was a bit loud though as we were so close to the ground floor. I would recommend a higher floor if available and I would bring my own pillows if I was to stay here again.
Room came with a Microwave and Fridge which is a bonus and a cost all Hotels should include.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor and bring pillows. Turn off the fridge before you go to sleep for the night. We d...