“Comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Toronto
“Comfortable”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good hotel for a quick in and out of Syracuse activity. Very close to the highway, lots of restaurants around, grocery store close by and 5 min away from Le Moyne College.

• Stayed April 2012
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate our guests feedback and comments to ensure our guests stays are enjoyable and comfortable. We hope you'll stay again on your next trip through Syracuse.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Rockville, MD
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Ever since this hotel opened, we have been staying there several times a year while visiting my daughter who goes to Syracuse University. Being brand new, the hotel is very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is varied and the rates are usually very decent for what is offered. We have yet to try the pool. Being a Hilton Diamond member, we were offered an upgraded suite which was extremely nice and spacious. I look foward to our stay with several other family members for graduation weekend next May!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
We love to hear our return guests positive feedback. I will share this with the staff. A little pat on the back goes a long way! We will see you Graduation Weekend!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We chose this for a last minute points stay on Easter weekend and it turned out to be a great choice. Our cross border shopping plan was to hit the Carrousel Mall the first day and then trek out to the Waterloo Premium Outlets the next day. This location provided us the perfect proximity to the mall and was right next to the highway to head to the outlets the next day.

Hotel and rooms were very clean and well maintained. The only downfall is that the neighbourhood surrounding the hotel is very industrial. We actually went into Syracuse for dinner as there want much around. Breakfast was decent as always and the staff was very nice to deal with.

Room Tip: There is a Price Chopper a few minutes away and since your room has a good fridge and a microwave, i...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wam372
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate our guests feedback and comments to ensure our guests stays are enjoyable and comfortable. Hopefully we will see you soon as Carousel Center has now been re-branded as DESTINY USA. There is ALOT more shops and resturants for you to visit!
Norwood, New Jersey
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I would have given this Hampton Inn a 4 overall rating if not for the last-minute closing of the pool. I would've stayed somewhere more affordable but my kids love swimming and were looking forward to the indoor pool. I even called the night before to verify it was open so I could barely contain my annoyance when we were told upon check-in that it was closed. The girl at reception was apologetic & even gave us a gift certificate for a local restaurant. I appreciated the gesture but would have liked a better explanation for the closing. Also, the hotel itself should schedule repairs for off-hours. I was only staying one night & would've picked a cheaper hotel without a pool if I knew it was closed. Hence the 2 rating for value.

Otherwise the rooms were very clean & the free breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hotel of this type. The pillows were rather uncomfortable & the beds a little hard. The TV quality was excellent though. I appreciate when a hotel advertises HD TVs in every room & it's not just standard channels stretched out on an HD TV.

I'd stay here again but I might lose my cool if the pool was closed at the last second again.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I am sorry to hear about the disappointment with the pool. We do have to maintenance the pool twice a week. We try to get it done first thing in the morning, especially before a busy weekend. My apologies. We hope to see you again!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is just about the nicest Hampton I've ever stayed in. Only about three years old, according to the front desk folks, and beautifully appointed. Very clean everywhere I looked. Nice refrigerator and microwave in the room, and all the carpeting still had the slightly springy, new sort of feel. The fitness room was fine, and the location is great. Close enough to the highway to be convenient, yet isolated enough to be quiet and hassle-free.

I will most definitely head here on my next visit to Syracuse!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
We actually just celebrated our 2nd birthday! So glad you enjoyed the property itself and the location.
We look forward to seeing you again as our guest.
Las Vegas, Nv
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We came to Syracuse for a family funeral, and had to find a place for 5 days, I looked on the web for places in the area and found all the great reviews on this property, so we decided to book it. It was the BEST part of our 5 days, the morning breakfast are wonderful and so helpful not having to make an extra stop to eat, new variety daily. The rooms big, clean and comfy, the people are friendly and helpful, YOU WILL ENJOY THIS PLACE. I will look for a Hampton Inn any time I need to be on the road from now on. Thanks for a nice place during a sad time.

Room Tip: Looked nice from the computer pics, and the reviews were all great, so decided to go with what the o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, but I am VERY happy to hear our staff could bring a smile to your faces and make your stay here with use comfortable.
We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We chose to stay here as it is close to the Carousel Mall and on our way to the Waterloo Outlet Mall.....I had used TripAsvisor tips and comments to plan this trip, so I was prepared to look for the small entrance sign(near the Red Lobster)......it's not far off the interstate, but far enough that we didn't hear any traffic.....check in was great, greeted warmly by Felicia, with a smile a chat....personable, nice change compared to other hotels where staff barely make eye contact! The hotel was clean and had a fresh scent to it, another pleasant change compared to some other hotels, the room was nicely decorated and clean with lots of towels for the 3 adults staying in it.....housekeeping is at a great standard.

Unfortunately I didn't ask if there was any tournaments or large groups of children/teenagers going to be present(normally I do, to be placed AWAY from them) so we were plagued by poorly supervised, screaming teenage girls who played loud music and ran the halls, I had gone down to the front desk to see what could be done, they did offer to move us to another room, but didn't have any 2 Queen bed rms available, I was happy at the offer but we declined, hoping the noise would subside. My adult daughter went down to complain again after midnight and eventually someone from their group went to tell them to be quiet. The next morning we were met by smiles again from the 2 women at the front desk as we made our way to breakfast.......I am sure that the breakfast rm attendant would normally be smiling and pleasant, too....but due to the poorly supervised bratty teens, she was rushed off her feet, trying to stay on top of the mess created.....check out was a friendly chat with the two front desk ladies, full of laughs and a friendly good bye.....I will definitely stay here again, but I will make sure I inquire to any large groups of brats staying and request to be roomed FAR away from them!.....
A message to anyone travelling with a group of kids/teens for a competition or tournament.....keep better control over them, have some respect for the other guests staying at the same hotel as you, my money is hard earned and I have the right to enjoy a good night's sleep and the amenities at the hotel, too.....and remind these brats you travel with to have respect for the hard working ppl at these hotels that clean the hallways, rooms and lounge/breakfast rm, front desk staff....they wouldn't get away with acting that way at home, so they shouldn't at hotels either.....
Sad thing is, it was fellow Canadians.....great way to represent ourselves to our American neighbours..... Hampton Inns and Suites Syracuse, sorry and thank you again for having great staff!
Hope you can get a larger sign soon!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask when booking if there are any tournaments or large groups staying, if so, ask to be p...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rorzach r
I am so sorry about the group(s) we had in house. For the most part, they are well behaved. I will let the front desk manager know what an inpression Felicia had on you and your stay.
I am glad you did get to enjoy shopping and breakfast.
We look forward to seeing you on your next shopping trip!