“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Carleton Place, ON
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

This was our second stay at the Hampton as we were shiopping at the Waterloo Outlets. Firt time, we took a suite; fantastic; however this trip we took a room which was sufficient. Great cookies in the Lobby, quiet and comfortable hotel. Breakfast was great with a good variety, however on both mornings, the tables were not wiped down from previous guests. I would recommend this hotel. Close to shopiing and restaurants galore.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gord41
cristina b, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I have forwarded your comments about the breakfast area to the department head. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Easily accessible from the interstate, close to tons of restaurants and a shopping mall. All staff I encountered (front desk and housekeeping) were very professional and courteous. Nice, large, clean rooms. Just 1 complaint- I was really looking forward to swimming but the indoor pool looked downright scary- like a pool of jello the day I was there. Other than that, i give this place an A and definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! I did forward your concerns about the pool to our maintenance department. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I must say I had my doubts about my choice as I followed my GPS off the highway and through factory ruins and boarded up houses but we quickly cleared that "rehabbing" section of the city and ended up in the outskirts at our hotel. It's still not a great section (across from a big liquor store, near the highway) but it's set apart and much nicer than most travel hotels. It's new, and had styling I hadn't seen in other Hampton Inns with a retro theme (old-fashioned black and white photos on each room's door signage, etc.). It was clean, comfortable, quiet and the pool was great, with a really lovely tile jacuzzi. Cookies in the afternoon were hot peanut butter chocolate chunk, the coffee was delicious and breakfast hot, plentiful and served in a big, sunny and tiled breakfast room with a breakfast bar and stools across the middle for computer work on the free internet. The staff here, I must say, were extremely friendly and accommodating as well, as were the people we met in Syracuse--one guy gave us free tickets as we walked into the ballpark we were here to see (the Syracuse Chiefs). Thanks for the reviews from others for getting me here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaEight
Thank you for the extremely favorable post regarding your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to have you as our guest! Good to hear you got to enjoy a 'free' baseball game while in town. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Poconos, Pa
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was at the Hampton Inn from June 17-June 20, 2011. Wonderful hotel, wonderful staff ...met most of the expectations that I have when I stay at a Hilton property. The staff was exemplary, especially Anna at the front desk. I am dieting and I was looking for a specific breakfast item (boiled egg). When I told her that I didn't see any, she asked me to wait for a moment and she went to double-check. Very nice of her. My only surprise was that the telephone in my room had not been clean but other than that I had a wonderful stay. Warning...I kept passing the entrance as it is a little hidden from sight. Go just past the Red Lobster sign and you will see the Hampton Inn entrance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Spent one night here en-route to Ontario from Boston. Ideal location near the I690 and lots of restaurants nearby on Erie Blvd. Can't understand previous complaints re the beds we slept very well and they were very comfortable. Nice breakfast too with lots to choose from buffet. Would certainly stay in another Hampton Inn due to the good experience here!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
clbutler3017, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thank you so much for the positive feed back about your recent stay. We are glad you slept well and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again.
Garrison, NY
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for one night on a college visit. The hotel is easy to find, right off the highway. Check-in was quick and we received the type of room we had requested. The room was clean and sheets and towels were fresh-smelling. We found the beds to be perfectly comfortable.

Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn, but they did not have any decaf coffee. When I asked for it, they first said they were out of it, and that I could make it in the room, but, of course, I did not want to go back up there just to do that. However, after a couple of minutes, the breakfast attendant brought out a cup of decaf for me, and, eventually, an entire pot was put out. I'm not sure why they didn't have it to begin with!

All-in-all, our stay was perfectly pleasant, and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
clbutler3017, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank You for your positive feedback regarding our property. I apologize that the decaf pot was missing when you came down, but I am very happy to hear the staff took the initiative and brought you your own fresh cup when brewing was complete. We hope to see you again soon!
Newton, MA
Reviewed May 31, 2011

... I stayed there three nights and the last night the housekeeping staff failed to make up the room- have stayed many nights at a number of Hampton Inns and never had that happen before. Otherwise, clean, up to date (the hotel is only about a year old), nice staff, the typical Hampton breakfast as described in other reviews-- did not find the beds uncomfortable as some other reviewers complained.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
clbutler3017, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for such a great review on our property! I apologize for your last nights stay, I will bring it to the attention of the Executive Housekeeper. I'm glad your stay was comfortable, and we hope to see you again!