“Very Comfortable and Clean”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Syracuse
Turtle Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 7 Syracuse B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Our daughter graduated from Syracuse in May. We were lucky enough to stay with Sherrie and Mike for the weekend. We have traveled many times and stayed in B&B's. I like the home feeling you get wlth them, the cleanliness of them and the security that there will more than likely NOT be bedbugs or roaches to take home as uninvited guests. Although Turtle Street is a short drive from the university, we had no trouble parking for the events of the weekend. It is not in a neighborhood I would walk in at night, but I did not come to Syracuse to walk at night. Our breakfast was fit for a king, the fruit cup was fresh cut fruit, not out of a can, the eggs, sausage and potatoes were more than plentiful. There were always fresh cookies. Oh, and we had our own bathroom in our room!
Rocking chairs on the porch was all I was missing!

Room Tip: We did not see other options. Our room was on first floor. There are no pool or fitness center, I a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BaltimoreAnnie

Reviewed November 25, 2011

I had a great time at the turtlestreet B&B. Nice people, that are always willing to help you. A really good harty breakfast every morning. And what you will not always get anywhere else: a good bed, that you will sleep well in!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We have been in the apartment since March 2011, and will be staying through October. Quiet and comfortable with plenty of space to spread out, my husband and I have found Sherrie and Michael most welcoming with accommodations more than meeting our needs. The CNY Regional Market is minutes away and so is downtown and surrounding villages. A main attraction for our spare time has been Water Fall hunting and viewing the 200 waterfalls within a 20 mile radius of Syracuse. We have watch the nesting and hatching of baby robins twice since spring!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Alice B
Reviewed April 13, 2011

after a hectic week in NYC the Turtle was a dream but sadly I was out all day and night at a conference so I had little time to enjoy the delights of the establishment. what I did really enjoy was the hot and sumptuous breakfasts each morning and falling asleep on the most comfortable bed each night. As someone who often has trouble sleeping the combination of the luscious sheets and quilt, heavenly pillows and soft as feathers mattress pillow had me out for the count almost immediately. spa bath was also a plus.

Hosts were delightful and over and above welcoming and helpful and I was even blessed to share part of their fellowship before my departure on Sunday.

The only reason I did not score highly for location is that as a city person I am used to being able to walk everywhere and be independent and you really need a car here. there are not cafe's or restaurants you can walk to for lunch or dinner and taxi's are expensive for a solo traveller. My hosts always offered a lift but u feel bad and I don't always know what I want to do until I look around. I would recommend hiring a car and pick it up from the train or bus station and if there for work stay a little longer so that you can see some of the beautiful surrounding area.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank CocktailsAtSunset
Reviewed March 4, 2011

The house is beautiful and our room was so much nicer than we expected, with chocolates on the pillows, magnificient bed (and linen) and a jacuzzi. Sherrie and Mike were lovey and very friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Turtle Street to anyone. Well maybe anyone who just wants a room and doesn't want a lovely homely atmosphere, but that's it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mink1940
Reviewed November 14, 2010

If you prefer the "Mom & Dad" approach to B&Bs, this is your place to stay. Very friendly and knowledgeable proprietors who have an interesting story to tell. We certainly will go back on the next trip to Syracuse.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We visited our daughter for Parent's Weekend in Syracuse and found this B&B to be just what we needed. The proprietors were helpful and the breakfasts were delicious. The accomodations were quant and clean. It was near enough to the university so that it was convenient yet far enough away to escape the bustle of campus life. We will definitely be visiting this establishment again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple