“Not impressed.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Fairfax, Virginia
“Not impressed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Not impressed with hotel. Was put in a room which smelled like smoke on a non-smoking floor; breakfast left much to be desired (coffee always empty); staff was invisible...could never find anyone to help; front desk was always unoccupied! Good thing was location...it is right by the Fairgrounds and was only down the street from my friend's house as I went up for a high school graduation.

Room Tip: Be sure if you request a non-smoking room, that is is actually a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cape May
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

All of the above or below reviews are fairly accurate. By that I mean we experienced the good and the bad. Our check in experience was smooth and polite. Taylor the desk clerk was cordial and professional. She "pre-aplogized" for the mess to be expected on the second floor, what she didnt know was that painters were actually "in" the room she assigned us.
A quick change down stairs led us to another room that appeared to be all brand new, very clean and well kept.
All of the front desk staff were friendly and accomodating. With both directions and suggesting Aps for my Iphone to get on my way to destinations.

Who wasnt friendly were the foreign ownership staff that roamed the property and hallways with hardly a smile or aknowledgement. They will need a lesson in Hospitality if they are to succeed. When an accidental entry into our occupied room by housekeeping occurred (thankfully we were dressed to leave) there was not even an aplogy.

All in all it was a positive experience for us. Would carefully consider returning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John C
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

We arrived for a 3 day Antique Show, and upon arrival the toilet would not stop running, so we jiggled the handle!. When we flushed the toilet again. It ran all over the floor ( an inch of water flooded the entire bathroom floor!) We ran to the front desk to ask for help and a very unprofessional girl came back with a mop and bucket and cleaned the floor. Upon leaving the room, she said it should dry soon. i can't believe she expected us to walk on a filthy bathroom floor for 3 days. I requested to be moved and she stated that she only had a room with a single bed. That was not acceptable since I reserved this room months in advance. I needed 2 beds for 2 people!!!!! Suddenly minutes later there was a room available just 2 doors down. We moved from Rm.106 to Rm.108 After the move, she also never gave us the pillows or towels that we requested. She left that job up to the next young man coming in for his next shift. He in turn was very pleasant and very accomadating. Thank God!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank George D
Roswell, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

Hotel staff were not friendly. The television in the room was not working. Not convenient to syracuse sights.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cbender88
Bernville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel itself served it's purpose. It was clean and no problems with any plumbing or anything. The free breakfast isn't anything fancy but serves the purpose unless of course you have to ask the front desk to have someone refill the stuff, which happened. I left my pillow in the room and phoned the hotel the very next day. I spoke with a nice girl who said she'd have housekeeping look for it and she'd call me back. No call back. I call later that afternoon and the indeed have found my pillow. Before I could offer to pay the shipping fees to have it mailed, the girl offered to mail it to me. I have since placed 4 calls to the hotels with not one single call back. I did manage to talk to the girl who initially answered and said she'd have to check with housekeeping. She said it was shipped, when asked when and where to she'd have to call me back...guess what no call back. I have no placed my final call to the hotel asking for the manager to call me back. I realize that it was my mistake for leaving the pillow there, but don't promise to do something if you aren't going to and certainly call back a paying customer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lisa E
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

rooms were very clean, front desk staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast was limited, but good. 5 minute drive from downtown, and Syracuse University. Would stay there again, priced much lower than other hotels in the area. Also had a nice fitness room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family