“Inadequate & Rude Staff!!”

Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We arrived for a 3 day Antique Show, and upon arrival the toilet would not stop running, so we jiggled the handle!. When we flushed the toilet again. It ran all over the floor ( an inch of water flooded the entire bathroom floor!) We ran to the front desk to ask for help and a very unprofessional girl came back with a mop and bucket and cleaned the floor. Upon leaving the room, she said it should dry soon. i can't believe she expected us to walk on a filthy bathroom floor for 3 days. I requested to be moved and she stated that she only had a room with a single bed. That was not acceptable since I reserved this room months in advance. I needed 2 beds for 2 people!!!!! Suddenly minutes later there was a room available just 2 doors down. We moved from Rm.106 to Rm.108 After the move, she also never gave us the pillows or towels that we requested. She left that job up to the next young man coming in for his next shift. He in turn was very pleasant and very accomadating. Thank God!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank George D

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Hotel staff were not friendly. The television in the room was not working. Not convenient to syracuse sights.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cbender88
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel itself served it's purpose. It was clean and no problems with any plumbing or anything. The free breakfast isn't anything fancy but serves the purpose unless of course you have to ask the front desk to have someone refill the stuff, which happened. I left my pillow in the room and phoned the hotel the very next day. I spoke with a nice girl who said she'd have housekeeping look for it and she'd call me back. No call back. I call later that afternoon and the indeed have found my pillow. Before I could offer to pay the shipping fees to have it mailed, the girl offered to mail it to me. I have since placed 4 calls to the hotels with not one single call back. I did manage to talk to the girl who initially answered and said she'd have to check with housekeeping. She said it was shipped, when asked when and where to she'd have to call me back...guess what no call back. I have no placed my final call to the hotel asking for the manager to call me back. I realize that it was my mistake for leaving the pillow there, but don't promise to do something if you aren't going to and certainly call back a paying customer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed October 31, 2011

rooms were very clean, front desk staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast was limited, but good. 5 minute drive from downtown, and Syracuse University. Would stay there again, priced much lower than other hotels in the area. Also had a nice fitness room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nursfry
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel in June, 2011. The rooms were clean and comfy. The breakfast each day was nice but the same thing each day. The staff did a good job cleaning our room each day however one in our group had poor housekeeping services. Their room was on a different floor from ours. Check in was quick and easy. The property was quiet even with the highway behind the hotel. They have a steak house on the property but we never ate there, prices were high. But if you go west about two block two very good resturants to eat at. I would stay there again. Prices were decent.

Room Tip: We got the best price by calling the hotel directy
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank snickerss18
Reviewed June 15, 2011

When we arrived and used the toilet, it immediately backed up. We called the front desk to ask them to come fix it, and then left the hotel for a wedding. We were gone for 8 hours. When we returned at midnight, the toilet had not been fixed. I went to the front desk to ask someone to fix it and the concierge told me she had a plunger I could borrow (ie: not offering to have the hotel fix it) and said that the toilet backing up was our own fault for "using too much toilet paper". (We had obviously used a completely normal amount of toilet paper.) I politely pleaded that she come fix the toilet instead of making me do it, as it is not my house AND I was paying to stay there. Finally she came by with the plunger, plunged the toilet, made a disgusting mess of filthy bathroom water splashed all over the toilet & bathroom without cleaning it up, and on her way out, rudely re-iterated that the toilet backing up was our own fault. She was rude, unhelpful, and ridiculous. The fact that we gave the hotel 8 hours to fix a problem and they clearly had no intention of doing so was appalling.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jsy23
Reviewed June 13, 2011

this place is just off the interstate , not far from a big lake and close to the state fairgrounds.
it's a quiet hotel with a steakhouse on site that is well attended by the locals, but priced too high for us.
nice rooms, no pool but we were just looking for somewhere to sleep.

Room Tip: You need to search well to find this place.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NebraskaRed
Travelers also viewed these Syracuse hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
#22 of 31 in Syracuse
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds

Been to Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds

Address: 670 State Fair Blvd, Syracuse, NY 13209-1308 (Formerly BEST WESTERN The Inn at the Fairgrounds)
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Syracuse
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Family Hotel in Syracuse
Price Range: $74 - $117 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Inn At The Fairgrounds Hotel Syracuse