“"In The Midst of The Storm..."”

Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Syosset
Garden City, New York
“"In The Midst of The Storm..."”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Oh how we'll never forget Hurricane Sandy... The staff at this hotel is absolutely fabulous. In the midst of Hurricane Sandy and the Nor'Easter which soon followed, the staff of this establishment proved why they deserve the brand of Marriott. Feeling safe at a time of crisis is paramount and The Fairfield Inn stepped up to the challenge.

Having stayed at this hotel in the past, I had experienced the delicatable breakfast buffet, attentive dining room attendant ("Saydie"), tranquil fish tank and accommodating business center. The dining room area is quite spacious and makes guests feel at home with multiple seating areas and separate flat screens for your pleasure. A business meeting room is available for your use, workout room to get rid of those extra pounds from the delicious complimentary breakfast and reasonably priced laundry room to keep clothes clean and dry during your stay.

Rooms are somewhat smaller on the outer perimeter (vs inner perimeter) but clean and well kept. Housekeeping tends to leave early but will clean rooms at request, if needed.

The one thing I love about this hotel is its parking facilities; groundfloor overhang, safe, spacious and accessible to front entrance; (plenty of handicapped parking if needed) and complimentary overflow parking is available across the street as well as onstreet parking. My car was very safe during the storm.

The seating area is conducive to large parties and family friendly for kids to spread out and enjoy the ambiance. Nice place to relax and enjoy your family or enjoy the solitude of
Syosset and its nearby locales. Conveniently located and accessible to highways, shopping and entertainment. Quiet and secluded from most locations yet close enough to meet your needs.

Good choice and great value for your money if you can get a reservation. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Inner perimeter rooms are larger than outer perimeter rooms. Ask which rooms have sun exposure to a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lori Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
WOW, thank you so much! Your review really made my day. "Sandy" was extremely challenging for us as well as heart wrenching with so many of our guests displaced out of their homes. I am very proud of the way our staff handled this and will make sure that your kind comments are shared. We hope to see you soon in better times.. please stop by and say hello.

Lori Hamilton-Rindone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Admitting that I'm a devoted Marriott customer up front may color my impressions; but this property is worth your visit and business. I'm not afraid to ding a property if their performance isn't first rate. I'm staying on business, and that has become protracted. Hurricane Sandy has put an exceptional demand on hotel rooms in the NYC and Long Island area. I've needed to extend my stay; and while being sold out, they have gone the extra mile to keep me posted of cancellations, and I've been able to keep my room.

The hotel is older, but exceptionally well kept. Rooms are on the smallish side; but well equipped and clean. Parking is a little bit challenging; but it's all well lighted, and even off site is not very far off site. The parking equation is stated in the notes for the property, and given the density of the area, not all that unusual.

I've yet to meet a front desk person, breakfast room personnel or housekeeper who hasn't had a smile and a greeting. Breakfast fare is well rounded and the area is spotless. The lobby is immaculate, the salt water fish tanks are memorable and relaxing. There are two work stations in the lobby with color printers attached. In short, there's nothing not to like !

Room Tip: Rooms on Oak Drive side of the property can be quite noisy in the 5AM hour and later, as trucking mo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our staff and the hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I will make sure the staff has the opportunity to read what you have posted. Taking care of our guests is why we are here and I am so proud of the job they do. Please stop by and say hello the next time you are with us.

Ellsworth, Maine
Reviewed December 4, 2012

On the last weekend in September I flew to New York for a wedding. The wedding party stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Syosset. Long Island. The Inn was built in a very nice setting off Route 25. The parking facilities were excellent. And when you walked in, you notice several beautiful aquariums with incredibly colorful fish placed in different locations.The staff was very accomodating. They went the extra mile to help you out in any way. Morning breakfast was superb with many fine choices. Not just run of the mill.I was very impressed by the whole atmosphere.The staff made shopping suggestions. We drove two miles to Woodbury Commons at the light on the right. I felt very safe and well taken care of my this staff which just recieved a high achievement award for the Best Association Satifaction. I loved the whole ambiance of this place. I was amazed that the beautiful stonework surrounding the entrance to the elevator. Small touches.Beyond all expectations. Easy to get to from Laguardia.This Inn is a little jewel in the ground. Look them up on Facebook to see the aquariums. Kid friendly.The addres is 24 Oak Drive on the Jericho Turnpike.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are a little hard to find. Ask for one closer to the elevator
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we exceeded your expectations. Come back soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here Oct 14th in town for a wedding.The room was on the small side but very very clean and comfortable. The bed felt like I was on a cruise ship bed so very comfortable. The front desk staff was very accomodating and the breakfast buffet was extremely good in a very pleasant and spacious lounge area. I would definitely stay here again. The only downside, if u are looking for a room with a view you will not find it here . This is NY and in suburbia residential area, strip malls, homes. My view overlooked a autoshop, definitely nothing to look at but wasn't an important factor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on Oct. 27 just before Sandy arrived. We had a wedding on Sunday. The room was very clean and comfortable. Very good tv. The room was a bit small but not uncomfortably so. My only real complaint was the pillows. Very small pillows, much too soft and mushy. I prefer larger pillows that are somewhat firmer and larger.

The front desk staff was excellent and very helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent, very large and tasty. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and service. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I have good news for you too, Marriott has changed it's Pillow Standard and we will soon have the larger pillows you love. Just another reason to come back!

Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here when we were in the area for a family event. The hotel is spotless, the rooms are modern and comfortable, and the staff is friendly. There was a generous buffet breakfast in a nice spacious area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lori Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your kind comments on to our staff to let them know you think we are doing a good job. Please come back and visit us soon!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a week in July 2011 and returned to this hotel for a 4 night visit to Long Island in October 2012. Basic clean hotel with no frills but excellent values with free breakfast and coffee/tee throughout the day/evening. Very friendly staff. I will stay here again next tune I visit this area.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff and service. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Syosset
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Days Inn Woodbury Long Island
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville

Been to Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels? Share your experiences!